• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Horse Racing Thread

Legohead

Banned
I think this thread is dying a death so i'll mothball it. :ROFLMAO:

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think this thread is dying a death so i'll mothball it. :ROFLMAO:

I started a poetry thread once Lego.

It was not a success :(

Legohead

Banned
Tbh I thought there would be a lot more equine enthusiasts amongst the exeweb faithful. :(

manc grecian

Bowman going in the first race at redcar

Alistair20000

Bowman going in the first race at redcar
Good spot Manc. Ran really well on his first run but had a nightmare run second time up at Pontefract.

Will be in the shake up at the end of the race

Legohead

Banned
Shocking last run on turf at Ponty for Bowman. Previous good run before that was on an artificial surface so that is a concern. Not so sure Redcar is the type of track / surface in late June that is suited to a horse that may prefer polytrack going. He's got the loveable scouser Franny Norton on board which is also an indicator that the horse is less fancied. I'd have preferred Joe Fanning aboard but Norton is an able and experienced deputy although most suited to Chester and tracks of that ilk.

Personally i'd go with Rishworthian in that race for D O'Meara. Has Danny Tudhope in the saddle who ploughs his trade around the northern circuit and the horse made a promising debut (not bashed about) at Ponty which is a stiff track similar to Redcar. A small amount of improvement from that run will make Rishworthian difficult to beat, especially as he ran over 5 furlongs.

Bowman ran over 6 last time and it's possible the shorter 5 may see him in a better light though. All the puzzles of racing to solve!

manc grecian

No stopping him when he got clear!

Legohead

Banned
Boom! Bowman wins impressively. Hope you all were on. About 4/1 I think. Rishworthian blew all chance at the start when he fell out of the stalls. The stiff 5 suited Bowman.

Legohead

Banned
No stopping him when he got clear!
The horse or Ryan? ;)

Alistair20000

Boom! Bowman wins impressively. Hope you all were on. About 4/1 I think. Rishworthian blew all chance at the start when he fell out of the stalls. The stiff 5 suited Bowman.
I think it was nearly 6 furlongs Lego. Just 3 yards short.

Anyways he p*ssed up.

Have to say Mark Johnson is not my favourite trainer but I do not know why.

Omens for Wembley are good as I note the sire of Bowman (the horse) is Lawman.