• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Horse Racing Thread

Legohead

Banned
Well that's 20 quid i'll never get back. :LOL:

Came about 5th / 6th. The race favoured the horses under the stands rail and not isolated in the centre. Perhaps poor decision making by Crowley but not good enough on the day.

Legohead

Banned
Third time lucky. Lord North and James Doyle romp in for me at 5/1. Favourite Japan ridden by the mug jockey Ryan Moore back in 4th.

Some evening racing at Chelmsford for me to focus on now.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Third time lucky. Lord North and James Doyle romp in for me at 5/1. Favourite Japan ridden by the mug jockey Ryan Moore back in 4th.

Some evening racing at Chelmsford for me to focus on now.
Good pick with Lord North there Lego. (y)

Legohead

Banned
Some difficult races to try and solve today at Royal Ascot.

Frankie Dettori for a treble today. The first on King Leonidas in the 2.25 Jersey Stakes for John Gosden. The horse had had 2 runs and won both. He should make it 3 in 3 today. The odds on favourite Stradivarius in the Gold Cup looks nailed on and the final Dettori winner should come from Verboten in the 4.10 for John Gosden once again.

My nemesis Ryan Moore surely cannot **** up the ride on Sir Dragonet in the 1.50 and that horse is a really generous 2/1 in places.

Other horses running today that catch the eye are Master of the Seas who runs in the 1.30 at Newmarket at around 4/1 and also again at Newmarket in the opener at 1pm, Dashing Roger under the relatively unknown but increasingly impressive jockey Marco Ghiani.

Legohead

Banned
King Leonidas bombed spectacularly. Ryan Moore once again fails to steer home an well bred and well supported favourite finishing 2nd to the hugely superior jockey James Doyle on an 8/1 shot.

Dashing Roger came 3rd but Master of the Seas won well at 10/3.

I expect Stradivarius to win at no sort of price so my last bet will be Verboten in the 4.10 at Ascot to see if Dettori can bag another. The ground is soft and not as expected when these horses were declared so possibly this is chucking up a few surprise winners.

Legohead

Banned
Anyone on Nando Parrado at 150-1? o_O

I wasn't. I have backed a few long price winners in the past with 66/1 being my biggest but it's usually those horses that you put a couple of quid on and then wish you'd have had the courage to put a bit more on. I had a fiver on a horse at 50/1 before to get £250 but that's my biggest win from a horse over 20/1.

Alistair20000

Soft ground so did not bet

Legohead

Banned
Soft ground so did not bet
Soft ground can chuck up some odd results. Especially when it's unusual for the time of year and the type of horses running. For some reason Irish and French horses seem to like softer ground.

Alistair20000

Soft ground can chuck up some odd results. Especially when it's unusual for the time of year and the type of horses running. For some reason Irish and French horses seem to like softer ground.
Rains a lot in Ireland and they water very heavily in France which may be a factor.

Legohead

Banned
A sad loss. Cause of death yet unknown.