• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Horse Racing Thread

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Cloth Cap, the favourite is well handicapped and in good form. Tom Scudamore rides having been released by the Pipe stable from riding Le Vieux Lion Rouge. Odds are skinny. Big chance.

Kimberlite Candy is a yay from me and I will be backing it each way.

I cannot have Definitly Red with that appalling spelling. Feckin’ dire. :mad:

Anibale Fly has been placed in a couple of Cheltenham Gold Cups and is well handicapped after losing its form. The big unique Liverpool fences can sometimes invigorate so I am having an each way bet on this one.

Still studying the form

fred binneys head

I’m having an each way on Magic Of Light, got me a result two years ago.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'll be delaying a decision until tomorrow.

I might have recommended my sister as a tipster (picked out her first National winner at the age of 7), but she reminds me that she's been on a losing run since 1978.

Me? First winner when I was 44. Ignore any advice I may give.

Alistair20000

[QUOTE="Greyhound, post: 1981722, member: 1343"

[/QUOTE]

Was that Red Rum’s first win Mr Hound ?

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
[QUOTE="Greyhound, post: 1981722, member: 1343"

Was that Red Rum’s first win Mr Hound ?
[/QUOTE]
Foinavon in 1967 ! ;)

Legohead

Banned
Just the one dead horse today so not all bad.

Alistair20000

While fully expecting Desert Crown the favourite to win the Derby this afternoon with “soft” mentioned in the advance going stamina could be the key.

A pair of sons of the mighty Frankel will be staying on when others have cried enough. So at 20/1 Westover and Nahanni will be carry a bit of each way cash for me. They may not have the speed or class to win but no value in the odds offered for Desert Crown.

Alistair20000

While fully expecting Desert Crown the favourite to win the Derby this afternoon with “soft” mentioned in the advance going stamina could be the key.

A pair of sons of the mighty Frankel will be staying on when others have cried enough. So at 20/1 Westover and Nahanni will be carry a bit of each way cash for me. They may not have the speed or class to win but no value in the odds offered for Desert Crown.
Quite happy with Westover getting 3rd and I took the 28/1 board price.

Would have been second but for being chopped off and blocked in the straight. Not sure if he would have beaten the winner Desert Crown with a clear run mind.

IndoMike

Quite happy with Westover getting 3rd and I took the 28/1 board price.

Would have been second but for being chopped off and blocked in the straight. Not sure if he would have beaten the winner Desert Crown with a clear run mind.
Well done, Ali

Alistair20000

LOG may be missing but I can now reveal that Lionel is running in the Irish Derby today and a bit of each way at 12/1 is tempting