• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Hiram Boateng take a bow

frix26

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Rumours of interest from PNE in Hiram
Must be happy with their other two purchases at 750k a piece, so I would suggest we ask for the same again ! It would soften the blow of losing him somewhat ! ;)

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Maybe Hiram will prove to be one of those players who turns out to be play better when surrounded by better players but I would have thought he was a long way off being ready to play in the CHampionship so MK seems to be the more likely destination. I believe we will be due for compensation so if Tisdale does sign Hiram I wonder if Winkleman will be a decent chap and offer us a decent sum of money or whether he'd prefer to take his chance at a transfer tribunal.

ryancooper327

They’re becoming Preston North Exe at this rate

Red Nose

Given that Boateng has by all accounts turned down our offer of a new contract, should we offer him a new deal (say 3 years) with the option of him leaving after year one, if we have not got promoted? The benefit is we get to keep him as a player for at least one more year (longer if we go up), during which his value may increase. The downside is that we lose any "compensation" that we are due this summer. Or should we just let him go now?

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Let him go ffs

PeteUSA

Given that Boateng has by all accounts turned down our offer of a new contract, should we offer him a new deal (say 3 years) with the option of him leaving after year one?
Certainly not. He's good, but he's not that good. It seems to me that opinions of him are being formed with just one goal and a couple of games in mind. He probably thinks he's a bit special when he reads threads like this on here. "Hiram Boateng take a bow" my arse.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Certainly not. He's good, but he's not that good. It seems to me that opinions of him are being formed with just one goal and a couple of games in mind. He probably thinks he's a bit special when he reads threads like this on here. "Hiram Boateng take a bow" my arse.
He’s inconsistent but generally he’s a very good player who’s still young. If we kept him longer he should continue to develop the areas he needs to work on and I’d be very happy if he stayed.

Equally, if he goes it gives Taylor more manoeuvreability in the transfer market, so not the end of the world.

Grecian2K

Mmm..tricky one.

On the plus side scored two of his three goals for us (especially the most recent "convenient" Sky TV shop window job caught the eye, and one that his agent is doubtessly to everyone, everywhere.

On the minus side, a mere 3 goals in 115 league appearances (almost all on loan to other L2 teams until we gave him a chance (well, well over 50% of his FL CV (64 actually). Also worrying injury prone, now and even then.

Sorry HB (no offense) but would he actually be that great an investment for any potential suitor at this stage of his career (a golden goal notwithstanding). I recall even the Janners during his time there, while recognising his occasional talent also realised his general fragilities.

IMHO (for what it's worth) rather than trading in the (very occasional) golden goal a proven FULL season at his current club, with hopefully a double figure tally over a complete season would enhance his own personal value (even if it were to the detriment of the club that has given him his main chance.

In a lot of ways he reminds me of Joel Grant. Lots of potential ability, occasional flashes, but in the end tends to disappear far too often.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
In a lot of ways he reminds me of Joel Grant. Lots of potential ability, occasional flashes, but in the end tends to disappear far too often.
To be fair to Grant he did play a part in taking Argyle down to the basement !