• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Here we go again

cityregular

Taking the readings of the away 'friendlies' (not the results they don't matter) but the SCORES With the exit of Ollie ---can anyone suggest where the goals are coming from this season? No good relying on Reed & Wheeler all the time.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
Taking the readings of the away 'friendlies' (not the results they don't matter) but the SCORES With the exit of Ollie ---can anyone suggest where the goals are coming from this season? No good relying on Reed & Wheeler all the time.
From all over the park. It has never been Tis's way to rely on just a couple of out and out strikers. He likes defenders to be able to attack on occasion and, similarly, attackers to defend. We won't be relying on Reuben and Wheels. JMT was getting in on the act last season. Holmes will chip in with some (and I suspect so will Deano at this level) and then there's McAlinden, Harley, Taylor, all capable of chipping in too - and I think we may see the youthful magic of Jack Sparkes occasionally.

Last edited:

manc grecian

Whoever it is let's hope it doesn't take 3 months for them to get going.

Red Monster

Everyone will score again like they did last season,not to worried plus if Brunt signs he can chip in.

We all love Ollie but in our last 14 games of the season he only scored in two of them.

STURTZ

Last season saw a change in our scoring pattern and thanks to our good 13 match run we, for once, ended with a good goal difference. I'd be worried if Wheeler had gone but if we can get the ball to those guys up front then we'll have no problems there. It's the midfield that needs a shake up.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
6 different goal scorers yesterday at Dorchester, and McAlinden played like he expects a starting place.

Banksy

I have a feeling Brunt will be good for a few if he signs.

Pobbop

Don't really think goals will be that much of a problem, particularly with Brunt giving us something different. Think Harley will probably play further forward without Ollie here too, expect him to get more.

IndoMike

Don't really think goals will be that much of a problem, particularly with Brunt giving us something different. Think Harley will probably play further forward without Ollie here too, expect him to get more.
I would totally agree with Harley playing further forward, and it seens the logical thing to do, but frustratingly Tisdale does not do the logical thing.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
6 different goal scorers yesterday at Dorchester, and McAlinden played like he expects a starting place.
He seems to have been a bit forgotten in amongst all the "Now Watkins has gone, who will play up front?" caterwauling. I like him, I think he will really kick on this season.