• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Help Save Bury FC

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Out of interest Dave has our own Trust been in contact with their supporters organisation to offer support, advice and the benefit of hard-won experience?
(And possibly the trust's of AFC Wimbledon and Newport's - two other clubs that are evidence that, however dark things seem, sometimes - with patience and diligence - there can still, eventually, be a way back)
Do you reckon they are united in their aims? They have this thing from MP's and others wanting to be reinstated into L2 (Never gonnas happen) and others who want to see the club to rise like a phoenix and start lower down

DB9

Do you reckon they are united in their aims? They have this thing from MP's and others wanting to be reinstated into L2 (Never gonnas happen) and others who want to see the club to rise like a phoenix and start lower down
Fraud Police been asked to investigate possible naughty goings on at Bury also the EFL to consult clubs on the future of Bury, Not sure if this is a back way of getting them back in the league, If so that is way out of order

Red Devon

The latest EFL statement suggesting there may be a place in League 2 for them next season subject to FA approval and talks with other member clubs.

DB9

The latest EFL statement suggesting there may be a place in League 2 for them next season subject to FA approval and talks with other member clubs.
Bollox to that, What signal will that send out?

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Bollox to that, What signal will that send out?
If this actually happens it will set a precedent for other clubs to be able to run up debts they cant afford but still gain a promotion.

IndoMike

If this actually happens it will set a precedent for other clubs to be able to run up debts they cant afford but still gain a promotion.
Absolutely. The League don't want to accept responsibility for the failure of their fit and proper test and are worried that too many fingers will point at them. Disgraceful idea and might well fark up League 2 AGAIN as well. They have massive debts. How can they operate in Div 2.?
We need to start a big protest group to fight the Football League. With their awful decisions they are gonna be the death of the lower leagues.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
I have mailed the EFL about my concerns if Bury were allowed to re enter the League when other teams stay within their means and play by the rules .
If the EFL do take this further and ask the other member clubs on their views whether they should be allowed back then the National League should also be asked their view of the situation as well.

Doubt I'll get a response

Banksy

In the interest of fairness , the EFL ought to offer a place to Maidstone too.At least I might get to see City for their away fixture then. :)