• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Help Save Bury FC

jase 07

Having had bad owners ourselves in the past I am sure most of us have a great deal of sympathy for the thousands of Bury Fans who are devastated by what is happening to their club, I have a very close friend who has supported Bury FC for over 50 years and is absolutely devastated by what is happening to his club. Please can as many people as possible show your support by signing this petition. Many Thanks

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
I appreciate the sentiment of the petition,but the club is bust.
The best hope for Bury FC is to start again without the crazy debt that has been hanging around its neck.
False hope given by ‘saviours’ to the club has happened very recently.
The last one I heard was a Brazilian pastor with a spare £7m in his pocket to invest..!

DB9

Not when some people think they should be reinstated into L2, Much as i feel sorry for the Bury fans this problem didn't happen overnight it was months in the making, Although the EFL haven't done themselves much good it had to come to an end and after 6 games postponed this was the right outcome. I'd be very suspious of a £7m bid which someone would suddenly want to waste, Because it's certainly not an investment, At the last minute. Pound to a pound if the EFL accepted this bid 12 months later they'd be back in the same position.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Bury supporters should have started working on a new phoenix club. They're wasting time.

Reactions: DB9

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
After reading the bit in the Football League paper earlier and this Dave Giffard guy from Forever Bury saying " I fear there may be suicides " trying to tug on the heartstrings of other fans and the EFL isn't going to work.
When they gained promotion we didn't hear a thing from Bury fans.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Why should Bury get an automatic place in League 2 at the cost of another clubs promotion from a Non League player paying club ?

IndoMike

Think Bury fans have to bite the bullet. The important thing is that they save the institution. If it is in the lower non-leagues, so be it. Let the fans take over the club : in the end it will be much more satisfying than having owners who are just taking the p+ss.

IndoMike

Why should Bury get an automatic place in League 2 at the cost of another clubs promotion from a Non League player paying club ?
They shouldn't get that. There's no reason for Bury to receive special treatment. Good luck to them as they restart somewhere in the non-league pyramid.

David Treharne

In lots of ways the situation is a lot more complex than just 'starting again'. They will need to persuade the local Council to adopt Gigg Lane as an asset of community value (ACV) and they will then be faced with raising money to pay for the compulsory purchase of the land if the council will agree to it. All the trophy assets of the Club are owned by another Company and there are now questions being asked about the validity of the original CVA since one of the Companies that agreed to it has vested interests from a previous owner. There's also the question of relationships with local businesses. The old Clubs level of indebtedness to a whole host of business far exceeds anything that Exeter City had to face in 2003 - and many local businesses IF they were willing to transact with the Trust/Club would only accept cash payments, and this lasted for our entire CVA period. I also sympathise with the views expressed above by Ramone. If there is to be a Bury FC 2020 there will need to be some radical rethinking of what might be achievable with a new start and a new regime. As I've said elsewhere, I don't think Bury will be the last Club to find themselves in this, or a similar, situation during season 2019-2020.

Grecian2K

Out of interest Dave has our own Trust been in contact with their supporters organisation to offer support, advice and the benefit of hard-won experience?
(And possibly the trust's of AFC Wimbledon and Newport's - two other clubs that are evidence that, however dark things seem, sometimes - with patience and diligence - there can still, eventually, be a way back)