• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Have we ever had a spell like this before?

Ian Tarr

By the time we play at the Memorial Stadium at the end of the month (assuming the date doesn't get changed for TV), we will have played twelve times away in sixteen first team matches!

Starting with the re-arranged Dag & Red match, we will have played four at home and seven away in the league, plus five away matches in the JPT and FA Cup.

A spell of four at home and twelve away must be pretty rare, if not unprecedented.

Exehausted

I would think it hurts the cash flow as well. I know we get half after expenses in the cup games, but I would think only the Plymouth game would have brought in any decent money. Plus of course home games generate bar and food income.

DJH2005

I reckon that dozy bint on Soccer AM has been fixing our draws myself. Dirty mare.

;)

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
I can remember the Grecians not having a home match at SJP for about 7 weeks in Jan/Feb 1974,due to a frozen or waterlogged pitchs,which resulted in 5 home games on the spin at the end of the season(the last 3 in a week!)....Conversely at the end of 78/79 The Grecians had 4 or 5 away consecutively for the same reason(which effectively scuppered our promotion bid to the 2nd Division)

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
of course the away draws don't help.

In 80-81 we were drawn away five times running in the FA Cup, but had the good financial sense to let Newcastle and Leicester have a replay before stuffing them.Just for the cash flow perhaps....