• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Harry Lee and Sonny Cox - sign professional contracts

Ash

But only if the buying club are prepared to go to tribunal!
Yes you're right, they are free to leave at any time! However, I can assure you I 100% know the process and not many clubs will take the chance of going to tribunal, therefore the lads would be left without a club!
They won't be left without a club. As you'll soon see.

AmberRed

Tribunals award based on a mathematical model of sorts. Therefore most clubs know the ball park figure that a tribunal would award and tailor their compensation offers to that area. I am not persuaded that many clubs who offer compensation would be put off by a tribunal. Look at Chelsea. That wanted a tribunal from day one!
The majority of clubs would not go to tribunal for a 16 year old, Chelsea are one of the very few that have! If you look at the fees that premiership clubs are paying for 16 Yr olds from other clubs, it is a lot less than we would expect.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Taylor still hopeful Cox and Lee will sign for City

jimbo-gould

Am I the anyone that thinks Taylor sounded a bit more optimistic about these two in the latest Devon live interview? Feel as though either of them putting their name on the dotted line will be our biggest signings.

I do wonder if the signing of Brown was to show that we can develop goalkeepers here where young keepers can learn from a seasoned pro

Pobbop

Is it perhaps an over-optimistic even pollyanna-esque thought, that us not signing many in their positions, so far, may help them stay.

The fact is if either of them go to one of the many clubs they're linked too, they aren't getting a game for years, certainly not a 'keeper,but both may well play next year and get themselves in the shop window

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Is it perhaps an over-optimistic even pollyanna-esque thought, that us not signing many in their positions, so far, may help them stay.

The fact is if either of them go to one of the many clubs they're linked too, they aren't getting a game for years, certainly not a 'keeper,but both may well play next year and get themselves in the shop window
I think it says a lot that we only seem to be linked with loan goalkeepers this summer. Very much in the narrative of keeping a pathway open for Harry Lee.

Pobbop

I think it says a lot that we only seem to be linked with loan goalkeepers this summer. Very much in the narrative of keeping a pathway open for Harry Lee.
Yeah hopefully. the fact he chose him over Arthur on the bench may just have been to show him how close he was to getting a start. Personally would have put Cox on the bench a few times, maybe giving him a run-out, but I know he wasn't always available.

Boyo

The majority of clubs would not go to tribunal for a 16 year old, Chelsea are one of the very few that have! If you look at the fees that premiership clubs are paying for 16 Yr olds from other clubs, it is a lot less than we would expect.
Can you share some of those figures please and the clubs involved? Would be keen to see.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think if Cox signs he's going to get some game time this season. But probably not much. I'd like to think though that if he did sign he'd be on a three year deal and 18 months in he'd be starting to get more and more minutes, if all goes well.