• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Harry Lee and Sonny Cox - sign professional contracts

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
I reckon the call of big money will get them ( and parents) and they’ll go.

Pobbop

Can you share some of those figures please and the clubs involved? Would be keen to see.
I can't say I really understand Amber Reds argument TBH, it seems to be that some 16 year olds don't go for a lot of money, which maybe true, but these two 16 year olds are hugely promising, and have had trials with multiple big clubs. It's a bit like saying well Harry Kane won't go for 100 million, because other people have been transferred for less.

Maxi08

I reckon both boys will be gone by the end of the week , I would be amazed if we are able to keep them, hopefully the carrot of first team football and cup football will sway Lee to stay but I doubt it 😩 Cox is the best finisher we’ve had and would score a hatful given the chance, can we resist the offers , only time will tell

Pobbop

If I had to put money on it, I'd say Lee will stay, Cox will go, but hey I'm a useless punter.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
So with Sonny Cox being at training today, hopefully he’s been persuaded to stay. I assume 1st July is the key date as that’s when his youth contract expires? It would be huge if we signed him.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I wonder if it helps signing a former premiershite yoof player to show it's not all glitz and glamour

robchave

At the age of these two, a future career is all about risk. So you'd think that 'taking the money' now was the obvious choice. Given that we are a bit better off than usual, I wonder if the club have considered significant signing-on fees as a way of making the choice of staying at ECFC a bit more attractive?

budegrecian

I don't want to tempt fate on this, but with each passing day I can't help but get just a little more optimistic that they may both sign up & become professionals with us.
Still holding my breath though.

budegrecian

At the age of these two, a future career is all about risk. So you'd think that 'taking the money' now was the obvious choice. Given that we are a bit better off than usual, I wonder if the club have considered significant signing-on fees as a way of making the choice of staying at ECFC a bit more attractive?
Or maybe they've been offered a good percentage of any future transfer, when they do ultimately leave.

jimbo-gould

I’m hoping them being there yesterday wasn’t a goodbye. The club uploaded the tweet above without them in sight. Here’s hoping they’re busy signing on instead 😬📝🤞🏻