• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Harry Holman

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
I've just seen on Facebook that former City player Harry Holman has died of a heart attack.

Oldsmobile-88

I've just seen on Facebook that former City player Harry Holman has died of a heart attack.
Oh no...Harry must have been around 63/64.
I knew he had been ill recently.

denzil

Sad news (if true) - quite often during a match Harry had to have a hair stylist on to set his hair straight after being tackled. It was fun we used to have with him from the old Cowshed.

RIP Harry !!

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
RIP Harry - one of our home grown players who went on to a bigger club.

iscalad

My Dad worked for his Dad. I met him a few times. Really sad news.

STURTZ

Crikey, I watched him when he were no but a lad.

A player that would have progressed much further in our present set up, never really fulfilled his tremendous potential. RIP.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Used to live just around the corner from Harry as I grew up, same age as my brother and went to Ladysmith at the same time, used to be close friends with Julian Tagg from what I recall. Sad news RIP Harry

Oldsmobile-88

A player that would have progressed much further in our present set up, never really fulfilled his tremendous potential. RIP.
He was very talanted..He also played for England Schools at Rugby too iirc.

budegrecian

What truly shocking news. He was a year ahead of my at Hele's School & represented England Schoolboys at both football & rugby IIRC, so a very talented sportsman. As Sturtz says; would probably have progressed much further under our present system.
Condolences to his family & all who knew him.
RIP

Oldsmobile-88

Who can forget that riotous day(literally) at SJP when he put the Grecians in front against Wolves in the FAC right in front of their fans complete will missing fencing.
“Harry,Harry,give us a wave” sang the Cowshed.He of course duly obliged & was probably out drinking with a few of them in the Horse & Groom Heavitree later.