• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Harrogate Town (not Railway Athletic) v Exeter City Build Up Thread

Bridgy 81

seeing the Headingley Test match on tv reminds me of that great weekend seeing City open in League One away at Leeds, then took in the Headingley Test match on the Sunday...
Good day that. But hard to believe it’s 12 years ago this month.
My only visit to date to Elland Road.
One of Barry Corr’s (many) red cards, a brilliant free kick equalizer at our end by Alex Russell, which we thought was going to bag us the points, only for them to get the winner through Beckford at the death.
At least we won the home league game the following January. That was a fantastic day too and one of my (several) Ryan Harley highlights from those times.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Matt Taylor interview

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Josh Key on the game

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
One of Barry Corr’s (many) red cards, a brilliant free kick equalizer at our end by Alex Russell, which we thought was going to bag us the points, only for them to get the winner through Beckford at the death.
At least we won the home league game the following January. That was a fantastic day too and one of my (several) Ryan Harley highlights from those times.
A great day even though we lost in the last couple of minutes.
Corr proved what a liability he was.The Grecians could have got a famous result there as they did in the return at SJP.

Trapdoor

That was the game where I lost all respect for Barry Corr. So unprofessional.

Avening Posse

One of the more memorable always with City for me. There was a real sense of optimism amongst the support in those days. A real sense that City were finally on the up. Great support that day.

fred binneys head

We were voted the best away support that season by the Leeds fans. A great day, only slightly spoiled by their late winner.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I wonder if we've sold our allocation of 500 tickets

Oldsmobile-88

I wonder if we've sold our allocation of 500 tickets
Nope..Plenty left,200 + by the look of the pile in the club shop a minute ago.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
one of my (several) Ryan Harley highlights from those times.
Did SRH ever score another header for us? Can't remember one, and certainly not one like that.