• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Harrogate discussion thread (Postponed to Tuesday 19th Jan)

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Probably not caught up on the new date but I wouldn't sign up until I'm sure it's going ahead
Indeed. I don't sign on for away games until the teams are announced.

tonykellowfan

Like I said, I bet if they were playing MU this afternoon in an FA Cup game live on the telly it wouldn’t have been postponed. More like it was the easy option to postpone.
I get that you are annoyed by the postponement I think we all are. However I don't think there is any chance of football today given the conditions.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Like I said, I bet if they were playing MU this afternoon in an FA Cup game live on the telly it wouldn’t have been postponed. More like it was the easy option to postpone.
Although, on the plus side, the early cancellation saved our lads a long and pointless trek oop norf this weekend - only to be forced to repeat the journey on Monday/Tuesday.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I wonder if Harrogate were playing a home game v Manchester United in the FA Cup third round today whether the game would have been called off or not.
Would we have made the same effort to get the Wednesday game on if it wasn't being televised by BT Sport and we worried about missing out on the TV money?

fred binneys head

I’ve seen a video of their ground from Friday afternoon, there’s absolutely no way that game would ever have been on unless they had undersoil heating, whoever the opposition were.

fred binneys head

Wouldn’t surprise me if Tuesdays game is off again due to a waterlogged pitch. They’ve got all that melted snow plus Tuesday seems to be constant heavy rain in Harrogate from Monday evening all through Tuesday until Wednesday morning.

ryancooper327

Can’t St George’s be used to catch up on games? Neutral, central location. Could be fully cleansed and could hold a fair few matches per day (13 outdoor pitches). Imagine there’s enough resources there to prevent unplayable pitches too.

Red Devon

Terrible forecast for Tuesday in Harrogate maybe an idea to bring it forward 24 hours and play it on Monday evening if they can.

Antony Moxey

Would we have made the same effort to get the Wednesday game on if it wasn't being televised by BT Sport and we worried about missing out on the TV money?
Yes, because we’re a professional club. Look at the efforts put in last time we played Sheffield Wednesday.

Antony Moxey

I’ve seen a video of their ground from Friday afternoon, there’s absolutely no way that game would ever have been on unless they had undersoil heating, whoever the opposition were.
Then perhaps it should be a criteria for promotion to the league. Too many tin pot 1200 crowd pub sides getting promoted because they buy a team rather than infrastructure, that cancel games at the drop of a hat Because they’ve no provision for trying to ensure a game goes ahead.

I mean, whoever thought we might get bad weather in the north of England in winter?