• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Harrogate discussion thread (Postponed to Tuesday 19th Jan)

dontpassback

With all these games being called off,we will be playing catch up,and I fear that we won’t be able to get back into the groove and end up mid table.

JCWhoosh

I'm trying to be positive about ANOTHER match postponed for City. If MT is backed in the transfer window and gets the players he needs, at least we have more games than usual in the 2nd half of the season with a better squad. Every cloud and all that 😉

Ash

By the time these matches are played they will be allowing the fans back in.
Highly unlikely....

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Covid has certainly compressed the season, but Newport, Barrow and Harrogate were all p-p due to weather, whilst the original Bolton fixture was p-p due to our involvement in the FA Cup.
While the weather hasn't helped the late start due to Covid meant the season was already condensed. In an ordinary season we could cope with these postponements and still have a manageable schedule; instead we are looking at playing two matches a week every week for nearly four months which is surely unprecedented.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
This morning’s forecast is for the temperature to be between seven and nine degrees at 3:00 this afternoon in the north of England. It used to be you couldn’t get promoted to the league if your ground wasn’t up to scratch, perhaps it also ought to include what your provisions are for poor weather conditions too - we had the pitch covered last week to ensure the FA Cup game went ahead, perhaps these two bit sides - Accrington, Barrow, Newport, Harrogate - should be doing more as it seems too easy to call games off at the moment.

Frozen pitch my arse.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
BBC Devon Sport have just said they're offering live coverage of the Argyle game, against Exeter at 3pm :p I think they mean Crewe!

Heysham Mike

Not surprised the game was called off having seen several pics of the snow in Yorkshire. It's cold here, but more so across the Pennines.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Extra training session this afternoon. Craig Woodman is coming in to coach the lads instructing them on the protocols surrounding goal celebrations.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Also it wasn't deemed necessary to invite Bowman.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Also it wasn't deemed necessary to invite Bowman.
Ouch!