• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Harrogate discussion thread (Postponed to Tuesday 19th Jan)

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I reckon Bowman could score between those trees, get the game on !!

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster

CWH-NYC_

At this rate our season will drag into 2022 or we will be playing every other day.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looks like they have covers on the pitch but I seriously expect this to be off :mad:

andrew p long

Just looked on the BBC weather website, temperature in Harrogate on Saturday is 5 degrees from midday, also snow isn't forecast for Saturday.
I was a bit optimistic when I saw this yesterday (no snow Saturday, max temp 5C).

But the worry for me is now the forecast for a hard frost tonight and temperatures staying below freezing throughout Friday. The worry is that some or all of the pitch won't unfreeze in time.

A really tricky management issue for Harrogate. The game is at risk from a) too much snow b) a frozen pitch or c) in the event of a rapid thaw, water logging!
Do they clear the snow or leave it?(others will know more, but I thought a covering of snow helps avoid the worst of a freeze - but if they leave it and as forecast it buckets with rain on Saturday morning...)

Colesman Ballz

Looks like they have put covers of some sort down !

With no crowd, at least there's no danger of the match being called off due to snow and ice making the terraces dangerous ! :)

jimmy

I was a bit optimistic when I saw this yesterday (no snow Saturday, max temp 5C).

But the worry for me is now the forecast for a hard frost tonight and temperatures staying below freezing throughout Friday. The worry is that some or all of the pitch won't unfreeze in time.

A really tricky management issue for Harrogate. The game is at risk from a) too much snow b) a frozen pitch or c) in the event of a rapid thaw, water logging!
Do they clear the snow or leave it?(others will know more, but I thought a covering of snow helps avoid the worst of a freeze - but if they leave it and as forecast it buckets with rain on Saturday morning...)
Resident meteorologists and green keepers come on down...! Surely it's on?

A barmy 5 degrees on Saturday? King Matt will be just in a polo shirt...screaming at someone no doubt.

Red Devon

A good few inches of snow can act as an insulation coat, so probably the best bet is to leave the snow on until Saturday morning.

Alistair20000

I think it was a power outage in the local area that caused the postponement.
Correct

Alistair20000

Where are the snow clearing volunteers ?

I guess Mr Covid has knocked that on the head :(