• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

GWR service to Exmouth

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Bear with me, this is football related.

It appears that the new timetable now skips St James' Park Station at 4:52. I know today the match wasn't finished by then, but on previous occasions this season it has been and people have made use of this train rather than the next one to go back to Exmouth.

Anyone know if the club were consulted? I recall backalong that many Grecians were involved in a repainting of the station, and recently the platform has been extended to allow for the 4 carriage trains.

It would be a shame that, given that I suspect that matchdays will provide the vast majority of customers that trains go straight past the station.

grecIAN Harris

It appears that the new timetable now skips St James' Park Station at 4:52. I know today the match wasn't finished by then, but on previous occasions this season it has been and people have made use of this train rather than the next one to go back to Exmouth.

Anyone know if the club were consulted? I recall backalong that many Grecians were involved in a repainting of the station, and recently the platform has been extended to allow for the 4 carriage trains.

It would be a shame that, given that I suspect that matchdays will provide the vast majority of customers that trains go straight past the station.
Has it possibly got something to do with the Eggchasers being at home with a 5:30 ko and GWR's preferencial leanings towards said Eggchasers?

denzel

Has it possibly got something to do with the Eggchasers being at home with a 5:30 ko and GWR's preferencial leanings towards said Eggchasers?
You might be right. I think this week was a one off by the looks of it.

DB9

I think (But not sure) that the new timetables being introduced are temporary to deal with staff shortages due to Omicron, Here we have a new timetable with SWR coming in from tomorrow, As it looks the infection rates are coming down so hopefully they will revert back to the original timetable, My only fear is that to save money lost over the last couple years by the rail companies they might become permenant.

paperclip

Genuine question - have many matches this season finished by 4.50? They nearly all seem to finish closer to 5pm these days. I also catch the train back to Exmouth but just assume that with at least 4 minutes of injury time (plus general faffing around and a two minute walk to the station) that I'm always going to have to catch the later train.