• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Grimsby Town v Exeter City Matchday Thread

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ah that would explain it then. Cheers.
Check your PM's mate

budegrecian

Another absolutely pitch-perfect post-match interview from King Matt!!! Paying full respect to Grimsby and acknowledging that, on the day, they were the better team and was still expecting far, far more from his own players.

What a class act. (But what a booger he must be to work for. Is he EVER happy??? :D )
Fish & Chips, a couple of beers on the way home & three points; classic!

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Another absolutely pitch-perfect post-match interview from King Matt!!! Paying full respect to Grimsby and acknowledging that, on the day, they were the better team and was still expecting far, far more from his own players.

What a class act. (But what a booger he must be to work for. Is he EVER happy??? :D )
I actually thought he was a bit overly negative. We weren't great with the ball a lot of the time, but I didnt think we were 'battered' by Grimsby. Thought it was a 50/50 game, but we had the quality where it counted.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
The way we're winning this type of game shows the fighting spirit of the team.
I agree that Martin and Parkes have done sterling work throughout the season and hope Martin can stay fit, because I think he's having a very good season.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I actually thought he was a bit overly negative. We weren't great with the ball a lot of the time, but I didnt think we were 'battered' by Grimsby. Thought it was a 50/50 game, but we had the quality where it counted.
Agreed. It was a bit of a strange game as it's unusual for us have less than, I think, 40% of possession. Forest Green and Cambridge both created decent chances against us they should have done better with whereas I thought we mostly restricted Grimsby to half-chances and long-range shots. Yes, Maxted had to make a few saves but so did McKeown in the Grimsby goal. These stats also back up the suggestion that we created the better chances, even before we scored and started to play with more confidence.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Highlights

chunkymorrinmunter

Highlights

jonny looked like he earnt his corn

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
jonny looked like he earnt his corn
Sadly the wi-fi has blocked You Tube so I can't view it :(

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
I actually thought he was a bit overly negative. We weren't great with the ball a lot of the time, but I didnt think we were 'battered' by Grimsby
Maybe he was making a fish pun?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member