• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Grimsby Town v Exeter City Matchday Thread

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
It's about time Ajose was introduced back into the starting line up. He's had a good month to get fully fit and we could do with somebody in the box to bury the half chances that are always kicking around the box if Bowman has missed the intial cross.

Lee Martin has been superb in the last few games can’t see where you’d fit Ajose in.

exeter-loyal

It's about time Ajose was introduced back into the starting line up. He's had a good month to get fully fit and we could do with somebody in the box to bury the half chances that are always kicking around the box if Bowman has missed the intial cross.
Problem is personally watching Ajose against Ipswich he is still half a yard away from the first team in terms of his fitness, but worth a shout in the last half hour to edge him back in would help.

les.gtfc

God, it's bloody freezing here this morning. Hope it warms up in time for the game.

Meeting a travelling Grecian in the pub by Grimsby Town station and half 12 for a few pre-match drinks then taking him out tonight to show him the delights of a Saturday night out in Grimsby. :)

Safe journey to those travelling up, but hope the journey home is a bit miserable.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
......I would add: 'Ward is a considerably better keeper' to your last line Mike. My hope is that hes fit to play.
Until the last couple of weeks I would have agreed with you but I thought against Cambridge there was a big improvement in his all-round game and he looked much more decisive and confident with his decision-making.

Red Devon

Until the last couple of weeks I would have agreed with you but I thought against Cambridge there was a big improvement in his all-round game and he looked much more decisive and confident with his decision-making.
Thought Salford was the turning point for Maxted when he walked off with the MoM award.

IndoMike

Clearly Matt's opinion at the beginning of the season was that Ward was the better keeper. Now, in the last couple of weeks Maxted hasn't made any blatant mistakes.
So does Matt return to the keeper he thinks is the best or does he remain loyal to a keeper who has done quite well?
If Maxted is selected he will certainly be under a lot of pressure.

exeter-loyal

Clearly Matt's opinion at the beginning of the season was that Ward was the better keeper. Now, in the last couple of weeks Maxted hasn't made any blatant mistakes.
So does Matt return to the keeper he thinks is the best or does he remain loyal to a keeper who has done quite well?
If Maxted is selected he will certainly be under a lot of pressure.
He will stick with Maxted, he hasn't put a foot wrong recently so no need to change it.

Plus Ward is just getting back to fitness, no brainer for me!!

STURTZ

Maxted has earnt his stripes, it's up to ward to win it back.

STURTZ

Is there no live streaming on ifollow forthis one? Can only see audio pass.

denzel

Is there no live streaming on ifollow forthis one? Can only see audio pass.
It's a 3pm kick off so no there wont be in the UK