• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Grimsby Town v Exeter City Matchday Thread

Rog H K

Ward or Maxted;
Sweeney
Martin
Parkes
Dickensen*
Williams
Jake
Collins
Law
Martin
Bowman.

*No need to protect him : let him play
Please bring home 3pts from the fishfaces (no offence Billy)
Got to be Max in goal. Ward isn't 100%. Took a bit of a knock prior to the Ipswich home game in warm up and didn't play. Needs match fitness and can only see him on the bench myself. Not only that Max IMHO he is having a great innings and doesn't deserve to be dropped.

Rog H K

20200118_044833.png

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Got to be Max in goal. Ward isn't 100%. Took a bit of a knock prior to the Ipswich home game in warm up and didn't play. Needs match fitness and can only see him on the bench myself. Not only that Max IMHO he is having a great innings and doesn't deserve to be dropped.
That's why I said "or", Rog.
Nice choice for Matt to have to make.
If Ward is fit I would pick him, although Maxted hadn't done much wrong recently.
Think Ward is more imposing, can stretch further, and is just a bit more solid.

PeteUSA

Nice choice for Matt to have to make. If Ward is fit I would pick him, although Maxted hasnt done much wrong recently.
Think Ward is more imposing, can stretch further, and is just a bit more solid.
......I would add: 'Ward is a considerably better keeper' to your last line Mike. My hope is that hes fit to play.

denzel

Ward played 90 minutes on Thursday! Though he will probably start with Maxted and I suspect Richardson. Both now know there is serious competition for their place

PeteUSA

Ward played 90 minutes on Thursday! Though he will probably start with Maxted and I suspect Richardson. Both now know there is serious competition for their place
Ward or Maxted? No contest denz.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
This will be far from an easy game, but we do have battling qualities so hoping for at least a point. I won't be able to listen in on iFollow so will try and follow through Twitter as I wander Genoa.

Jason's preview

exeter-loyal

3 points boys 3 points that's all I ask...

Red Devon

Listening on Radio Devon today - Good luck City!

grecIAN Harris

It's about time Ajose was introduced back into the starting line up. He's had a good month to get fully fit and we could do with somebody in the box to bury the half chances that are always kicking around the box if Bowman has missed the intial cross.