• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Grimsby Town V Exeter City Match Day Thread Tuesday 1st December 2020 7.00 p.m. kick off

dontpassback

Well done city,keep scoring and playing with pace and we won’t be far away from the autos,the only downside will be other people taking notice and looking at our youngsters,but it’s good momentum and I am sure this is the way Matt Taylor wants them to play UTC (oh and a BIG well done to Jimmy Keohane for sticking one in against the green slime)

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
This is the running team that Matt wanted. Work hard from the front. Pace and legs down the sides. Hard working midfield. Solid centre of defence. Then have the quality to hurt teams. That's the plan, we are not there yet but it is taking shape.

arthur

Also I can not recall our having two keepers of almost equal calibre before.
Mike Barrett and Neil Gosney - were they contemporaneous?

Fareham Grecian

I think we really might be quite good. Not solid, not consistent yet, but really good at times. And all with half the team being academy. Happy days.

STURTZ

Truth is it's the spirit and energy that we put in in midfield that creates so many chances, great team work and youthful energy that is reaping us our rewards this season. Cabn't see us doing ouer usual end of season collapse this time........I hope!

Grecian Max

I disagree about not being consistent. We've been the better side in every league game we've played so far IMO, including the 2 losses.

les.gtfc

Well deserved tonight, the better team by far, no complaints here.

Was impressed by your number 30 tonight, Key I think his name was.

Anyway we all know that you always win here and we always win at yours, so good luck until then.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Very complimentary about us on "The Fishy"!
from their thread
"They are by far the best team I've seen this season
We are playing well
But they are a cut above "

Missing the first choice keeper, and our new full backs (although you could argue they wouldn’t be first choice), and big Nige to add to our midfield. A real strength in depth squad. Just hope the youngsters continue to excel in front of a crowd.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well deserved tonight, the better team by far, no complaints here.

Was impressed by your number 30 tonight, Key I think his name was.

Anyway we all know that you always win here and we always win at yours, so good luck until then.
Thanks Les - always an honest football fan's assessment. Seasonal Regards & Stay Safe