• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Grimsby Town V Exeter City Match Day Thread Tuesday 1st December 2020 7.00 p.m. kick off

Albumen

He's clearly been coached to do that this season, but isn't quite getting it right.
Yeah. Strange. In Bowman we trust.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Who writes the city match reports on the official site? Bowman scored a good poacher’s goal, not a “fabulous rebound effort” and how anyone can think Jay’s goal was from the edge of the area is beyond me 🤣

thermopylai

Great performance, great night.
We were a class above, with a good work rate. Kept winning loose balls and 50:50s, almost as if we had an extra player.

And our kit looked like Atletico Madrid...

STURTZ

I agree. Jay and Bowman both missed glorious chances but hard to complain really!
Always thought Bowman was the king of one yarders but had to revive my opinion on that one! Seriously that's right up there with some of Flackies sitters.

fred binneys head

Why are we so good?
Bowman 😀

Grecian Max

I think we could well be watching one of the great City sides. It's always difficult to see it whilst it's happening but we've got everything. Work rate, fitness, pace, genuine class across the pitch, ridiculous strength in depth (that bench!). This is a better team than 08/09.

Exappa

Plymouth 0-3 Rochdale, unfortunately.

:)
:ROFLMAO:

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Another excellent performance Cheltenham on Saturday a huge game......3 points from that game and we can think seriously about making the autos.

Three of the next four league games at SJP before last game of the year away to Newport. Conversely four of the latter’s next six games before playing us are away.

fred binneys head

Always thought Bowman was the king of one yarders but had to revive my opinion on that one! Seriously that's right up there with some of Flackies sitters.
It was a bad miss but I can’t believe the lino didn’t give a goal kick as sparkes took it out of play. Plus he leathered it at Ryan from short range, all he could do is stick his leg at it and hope it deflected in, which it didn’t. But yes, a bad miss.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think we could well be watching one of the great City sides. It's always difficult to see it whilst it's happening but we've got everything. Work rate, fitness, pace, genuine class across the pitch, ridiculous strength in depth (that bench!). This is a better team than 08/09.
Also I can not recall our having two keepers of almost equal calibre before.