• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Grimsby Town V Exeter City Match Day Thread Tuesday 1st December 2020 7.00 p.m. kick off

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Fantastic result and performance again this evening, I didn’t think it was quite as easy as the scoreline suggested as Grimsby put in quite a spirited performance without the quality to create much...special mention for Randell Williams for bagging two quality goals the first one in particular was a very classy finish.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Missing the first choice keeper, and our new full backs (although you could argue they wouldn’t be first choice), and big Nige to add to our midfield. A real strength in depth squad. Just hope the youngsters continue to excel in front of a crowd.
Interesting point. I wonder if the lack of crowd has actually helped the kids? They haven't had the prospect of 'moans and groans' accompanying every mistake such that maybe they have felt more freedom to play. It has worked.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is the most exciting Exeter team to watch since 1990. Enjoy it while it lasts.

ECFC89

I too am worried about the return of fans.

Only because right now there is literally nothing else to worry about regarding this fantastic team.

STURTZ

This is the most exciting Exeter team to watch since 1990. Enjoy it while it lasts.
Agree Antman but with the way things a shaping up, young players coming through on a conveyer belt of talent, I can't see a few players leaving for decent money upsetting us too much. Take out Key and Randall and we'd still be able to compete.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
I too am worried about the return of fans.

Only because right now there is literally nothing else to worry about regarding this fantastic team.
With only 2,000 allowed, if anyone boos then they don't get to come back!

fred binneys head

I disagree about not being consistent. We've been the better side in every league game we've played so far IMO, including the 2 losses.
We were definitely better than Oldham but I disagree about Vale, I thought their midfield bullied ours and we deserved to lose. That aside, I think you’re right, we’ve probably been one of the most consistent teams in the division.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Watching programme about 617 Squadron - are Exeter 'flying under the radar' like they did ?
UTC

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agree Antman but with the way things a shaping up, young players coming through on a conveyer belt of talent, I can't see a few players leaving for decent money upsetting us too much. Take out Key and Randall and we'd still be able to compete.
I'm inclined to agree, though Joel Randall is something else completely.

fred binneys head

Argyle now 4-0 down. If carlsberg did midweek football fixtures.....