• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Grimsby Town - Sat 18th Jan

Legohead

Banned
Most on the Codheads fishy forum are predicting we'll take between 50 - 100 fans to BP. Can see about 250 myself. Anyone else think the Mariners fans are doing us a disservice?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Can't see it being 250, I'd guess around 150-ish.

"Official" Exiles contingent of 7 travelling up from Kings X tomorrow morning.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
I doff my cap to all Grecians making the trek to Humberside in mid-January. It's a long way from virtually everywhere.
Wishing you all 3 points and more importantly, safe journeys

UTC

les.gtfc

I doff my cap to all Grecians making the trek to Humberside in mid-January. It's a long way from virtually everywhere.
Wishing you all 3 points and more importantly, safe journeys

UTC
Humberside hasn't existed since 1996. It's North East Lincolnshire if you don't mind. :)

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
So we're clear about this. Grimsby is in Cleethorpes and Humberside is in Lincolnshire ....got that everyone ?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
What's the connection between Grimsby Town and the school in Tiverton?

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
What's the connection between Grimsby Town and the school in Tiverton?
All in the name?

Blundell park
Blundell's school aka Hogwarts

grecian55

Loved it in there.
A old gas fire on.A Valor Dream(fitted loads of them in the late 1980s) to warm my hands up.
Around 1pm a local old boy was refused service “because you have had enough”
Don’t hear that in a Weatherspoons !
In Wetherspoons in Barnstaple about 11am last Saturday before catching the Train to SJP for the Cambridge game and a Bloke was asked to leave cos he was asleep at a table ,The pub was quite busy so he must've been tired to sleep through all the noise .

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Cracking day out although the rail works meant the journey was very long indeed (particularly on the way back - well over three hours from Doncaster to Kings X).

As usual stopped in at the Number 2 at Cleethorpes station pre-match, but having picked up a flier for it in the micro pub at Donny on the way up we decided to trek Grimsby-ward after the match to take in a swift one at Dock's Beer (not to be confused with the excellent Beer Dock in Crewe) before another trek to Grimsby Town station just in time to make our train.