• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Grecians on TV

haka

Imagine MOTD featuring a 4th division game. Believe it or not, it used to happen ...

This is not City, it's Pompey v Grimsby, but at 11 mins 30 secs Barry Davies gives us a mention! Some familiar faces in the teams as well, especially Portsmouth.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster

Oldsmobile-88

Following on from a comment on the Odds & sods thread, the eventually hugely significant win at Hereford in March 1997.

mustangspeed2006

This video just popped up in my YouTube recommendations. Highlights of the FA Cup 4th round replay versus Chelsea in 1951:

fred binneys head

That first goal was bloody miles offside.

#StillFuming

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
For those watching in black and white, Exeter are playing in red shirts :)

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
That first goal was bloody miles offside.

#StillFuming
You were wrong about it last week too :ROFLMAO:

haka

This video just popped up in my YouTube recommendations. Highlights of the FA Cup 4th round replay versus Chelsea in 1951
That is a great find! (y)

I looked up the cup run for that season, and you've got 500 guesses to say who we played in the first round.

(500 guesses later ... sorry, nobody has got it. It was Glastonbury. There was no pyramid back then, but they might be the lowest ranked team City have ever played in the Cup. Their best ever season, apparently).

Colesman Ballz

That is a great find! (y)

I looked up the cup run for that season, and you've got 500 guesses to say who we played in the first round.

(500 guesses later ... sorry, nobody has got it. It was Glastonbury. There was no pyramid back then, but they might be the lowest ranked team City have ever played in the Cup. Their best ever season, apparently).
That's a category that has a fair few contenders, the embarrassment being that we contrived to lose against far too many of them ! I shudder whenever I hear mention of that bleddy place called Warrington for example ! :(

Alistair20000

For those watching in black and white, Exeter are playing in red shirts :)
You are whispering Ted Lowe and I claim my 5 red snooker balls :)