• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Grecians 1 Chiefs 0

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Given it's not entirely unknown for posters to come on here suggesting we might learn a lesson or two from the Chiefs, thought this story was worth sharing:

Can't help thinking the comment from the Chiefs' media and communications officer is particularly unhelpful / insensitive. Hold your hand up, admit you got it wrong, apologise, and I'm sure most people would have been prepared to forgive and forget. Can't imagine for one minute our media team making such a big faux pas!

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Sounds about the right time for our lot to give some tickets away free to members of staff out there !

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sounds about the right time for our lot to give some tickets away free to members of staff out there !
Which they have done for tomorrow.

Billtong

Going mental at wembley row 131 between seats 234-
Why not have 500 tickets per game available to Flybe staff for the rest of the season as the games aren't selling out but they have got to be applied for by midday the day before the match, if they aren't taken they can then be sold on the day? The majority of tickets will be back on general sale but it shows willing in the media and the potential of money being made on refreshments or future ticket sales from the people taking up the offer or their friends/children etc.

budegrecian

Great last line about the contrast between the Chief's & City's handling of the issue.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just seen this on BBC website too

WXF

Great public relations coup and display of the Trust's cooperative principles - bravo 👏👏👏

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Aside from the PR angle, the legalities of this are also interesting.

One would assume, Flybe pay the Chiefs upfront for their sponsorship, in which case there ought to be no issue with the tickets; even if that's not the case, would assume the Chiefs should be pursuing any debt with Flybe's administrators rather than denying admission to those who turned up at Sandy Park with tickets.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Fellow Grecians.
If the following story is true Exeter Chiefs should hang their heads in shame.
I'd like to think this would never happen at fan owned Exeter City who value what Flybe did for us over the years.
On behalf of fellow Exonians I apologise to all X Flybe employees involved and hope that you will be warmly welcomed at St James Park should you visit us.
UTC

i8cornwall

I have very little time for the lot over at sandy park but I wouldn’t go gloating to much, in no way shape or form is city perfect.

As a few former members of certain supporters group would tell you, it’s all an act at times at SJP also depends if you fall into a certain narrow group of people.

Good that we are letting former flybe staff in to tomorrow’s game for free mind.