• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Grecians 1 Chiefs 0

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just seen Tony Rowe try to defend the undefendable - statements like it costs £13 million on player wages alone plus 'we are not a charity' make me sick and so glad I support a fan owned club with morals eg paying fans after our cup exit v the Poolies.
Tony Rowe you have shown fellow Exonians in a very poor light - allowing Flybe staff in for your junior team is pretty poor in my opinion. UTC ( not Up the Chiefs)

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just seen Tony Rowe try to defend the undefendable - statements like it costs £13 million on player wages alone plus 'we are not a charity' make me sick and so glad I support a fan owned club with morals eg paying fans after our cup exit v the Poolies.
Tony Rowe you have shown fellow Exonians in a very poor light - allowing Flybe staff in for your junior team is pretty poor in my opinion. UTC ( not Up the Chiefs)
He's not an Exonian.

older-codger

Absolutely disgusted by Toby Rowe's interview. Absolutely no empathy with those innocent Flybe employees who were turned away and embarrassed by the experience. I'm sure that allowing a few people to enter with what they expected were genuine tickets would not have hurt them financially or risk over-crowding. As for offering tickets for a braves match after this fiasco, I would tell them what to do with them.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
He's not an Exonian.
That probably explains it then ! Definitely shows the Fair City of Exeter in poor light.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
In a few years time this will probably be a case study for MBA students about how to tarnish a brand.

Colesman Ballz

See that "Chief Scrooge" is also scrapping kids season tickets in their main stand next season. You can still renew them and take your "nippers" along, but they have to pay full adult price ! What a to$$er.

IndoMike

That probably explains it then ! Definitely shows the Fair City of Exeter in poor light.
I don't think it does. It shows Exeter Chiefs in a bad light. Exeter is not Exeter Chiefs.

Grecian2K

I don't think it does. It shows Exeter Chiefs in a bad light. Exeter is not Exeter Chiefs.
Although they increasingly like to pretend they are! :mad:
Have always had an instinctive dislike for those pompous, preening, self-important "rugger-b**g*rs" Instances like these only serve to confirm and reinforce my "prejudice".

IndoMike

Although they increasingly like to pretend they are! :mad:
They can think what they like. For me, City is the true representative of Exeter sport. I mean, the Chief's stadium isn't even in Exeter. And the name "Sandy.Park" sounds like a caravan site at Dawly Warren. 🙄
Just a bunch of prawn sandwich grockles.

Grecian2K

And wonder whether St "Toby" of Shandy Park (OBE, Hon LLD, Chairman, Chief Executive, Head Honcho, Big Cheese, The Great I. Am etc etc) will further extend his immoral highground by similarly refusing entry to any of the mugs still wearing replica shirts still bearing the non-contractual FlyBe logo.

Should be another nice little earner skooting them round to "The Trading Post" to buy fresh, overpriced rugger-rags just to keep within the RPL FFP rules!