• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Grecian Player. Am I the only one??

Red faced

I don't often post and am unsure if this is the right forum (apologies mods if not) but can anyone else advise if they have had issues with this service?

Since moving to Oz 3 short years ago, the boys have done nothing but exceed all expectations ( I think that makes me happy but I am right pi55ed off that I've not shared and of this joy in person, especially as I moved back from sydney to Exeter the year we went down to the conference!!)

To make sure that I get as much of teh action as possible this season, I upgraded my Grecian World service on Sutyrday for a seasons pass, only to see that even though the payment had been taken, my account was pending until mid August. Now this could have been that I had an old membershiop that wouldn't allow me audio access, was shortly expiring. Maybe this had to run out first - not sure. Regardless this would mean me missing the opener at Leeds via audio. Despite trying to contact "support" this was not resolved.

Determined not to miss the Leeds game, I then take out a second sub in a different username, on a one month term. Despite a few issues with the portal, it worked and I caught the game. Now just three days after my welcoming email I get a new email saying my brand new account (the second one I took out and used )is expiring. It is now inactive. I have no access despite paying for 2 services!!!

I still have had no response from my initial request on Suturday when my first account wouldn't work.

I also had issues with the old World service, at the time I swore I would never use this service again as even then, my emails went completely unanswered. Now that I (unbelievably) find myself in this situation again, I just would like to now how many other have had bad experiences. I cannot believe that I am the only person who has had such terrible service from these guys.

Can anyone advise on how they got their probs resolved as email just doesn't seem to work. Otherwise,please just tell me it isn't me!!

greenawayr

I know Ebs isn't directly responsible for the Grecian Player but hopefully he can give you some direction as to the problem, or even get their "support" to get in touch! I assume he must have contacts.

Red faced

Cheers for that greenawayr, will try that route.

older-codger

I thought that I would have to re-register for the new service but when I tried to do so last night it said my user name (same as for Grecian World) had already been used. I tried to sign in with my old Grecian World user name and password and lo and behold it worked. So it seems as if the details have been carried forward ( and presumably my payment with it!)

eurogrecian

Frustratingly I couldn't get Grecian Player working last Saturday either.
Going to try again tonight, if not will email them, but on the basis of previous experience they are not exactly turbo in responding.

exwick1

When you clicked onto LOG IN did the screen go dark? If so, find "Compatibility View" from your tools and click that and then try the LOG IN bit again. It worked for me, as I too had trouble logging in over the weekend.

CWH-NYC_

I logged in OK- no problems.

I had a problem getting the commentary but this was down to me naviagting the new page format. It took a while to realise I still needed to click on a tiny circle next to Exeter City to bring up the commentary. Otherwise all you get is the page telling you the match is 5mins underway etc.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
I was struggling also (a disgrace in my opinion considering the cost) to get anything off the radio commentary until last night during the Leeds-Darlington match - testing it out for tonight. It wouldn't get any radio commetary but then I kept refreshing it and finally got some commentary.

One thing I suggest is that you see if someone can get some commentary in England if they log in with your username/password. This is what I did and after that was convinced I should get some reception, and I finally did. After it says "connecting to stream" and then doesn't connect, refresh and try again. I'm hoping like mad that it will be OK for tonight, as I am mad as Hell at missing the Leeds commentary. It really spoiled my weekend big time. 40 buff a season for commentary is enough to spend for audio commentary and they should be delivering what they promise.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
I know Ebs isn't directly responsible for the Grecian Player but hopefully he can give you some direction as to the problem, or even get their "support" to get in touch! I assume he must have contacts.
I emailed Ebs last night,but got email back saying he was away.

Had problems with Grecian Player ever since saturday,kept getting an error message when I clicked that circle that CWH-NYC was talking about.Now using Mozilla Firefox instead of IE 8 & it appears to be working now but wont know for sure until the commentary works.

Hope that helps someone out there;)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Loud and clear for me.