• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Goodbye Randell Williams

Ex-ciderrr

Good luck to him wherever it maybe, thanks for the good times and memories Randell, Many a Grecian won’t forget about that lovely dink vs them.

Trapdoor

Think he is a fantastically talented player. The injury really hampered his season but he will do well at L1 level and potentially even in the championship. I assume he will go to a team in L1 like Wimbledon or even return to Wycombe.

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
Talented player at our level. Okay he struggled after the injury this season, but showed what he could do in a big way the season before. Wish him well

gilbertshoot

Simply for that goal and flip against the to55ers from Cornwall will he be forever remembered. Cushty.

I wish him well and he does have talent. But '...it's been an incredible journey...' Really?

For most of the last year he's had an expressin on his face like that of my teenage son when we told him he is coming camping with us to the Lake District this summer and he is going to bloody well enjoy it.

Perhaps that's the kind of 'journey' Randall is referring to.

ExmouthMart

I wish him well and he does have talent. But '...it's been an incredible journey...' Really?

For most of the last year he's had an expressin on his face like that of my teenage son when we told him he is coming camping with us to the Lake District this summer and he is going to bloody well enjoy it.

Perhaps that's the kind of 'journey' Randall is referring to.
Camping in The Lake District….. you might need some of that magic horsehair sand to pitch your tent on….. perhaps he did think Exeter was in the back of beyond.

scottus86

A really good first season for us with an incredible amount of assists. Although always offering a threat and taking up defenders to free up Key down the wing at the start of the season, he didn't really show that same desire for it in the second seasons. Perhaps he felt he was too good for us, which ironically made him look bang average.

He will be back in league two after his next contract expires, he just doesn't have the end product for higher up and his right foot is awful.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Goodbye, Randel Williams.
Who's gonna sign you up today?
First on fire then quite dire.
Still we're gonna miss you.

Smithyno6

The thing is he was a player which would make you stand up if he got the ball at his feet. Only Joel who really has that now. Need a great replacement. Was great to watch on his day.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
A really good first season for us with an incredible amount of assists. Although always offering a threat and taking up defenders to free up Key down the wing at the start of the season, he didn't really show that same desire for it in the second seasons. Perhaps he felt he was too good for us, which ironically made him look bang average.
Agreed, it’s easy to forget how good he was for in the previous season when he was one of, if not, the best wide players in the division. I also think there were also more good moments last season than most people give him credit for.

While a lot of people seem to think he looked uninterested I don’t think we should under-estimate the effects of living away from friends and family during these restricted times. Randell has never hidden the fact that he misses living in London, and that can only have been made worse over the last year.