• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Goodbye Randell Williams

SaintJames

Can't have kicked on much at Hull as a lot of that showreel was from his time with us :)

Cowshed Grecian

Says the poster who would have had George Ray stay on ! :p
Nowt wrong with George Ray fella!

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nowt wrong with George Ray fella!
Sure isn't. He is a capable League Two defender 😉.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can't have kicked on much at Hull as a lot of that showreel was from his time with us :)
Surprised anyone has come in for him he has hardly figured in Hull’s squad for the last year or so.

Indeed for a number of months when looking at the Hull lineup for games his name has not appeared in either the starting 11 or on the bench or indeed among the list of players often 8 or so in number not available due to injury or for any other reason…..curiouser and curiouser.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Surprised anyone has come in for him he has hardly figured in Hull’s squad for the last year or so.

Indeed for a number of months when looking at the Hull lineup for games his name has not appeared in either the starting 11 or on the bench or indeed among the list of players often 8 or so in number not available due to injury or for any other reason…..curiouser and curiouser.
Modern football recruitment is more than just looking at games and performances. It more about analyses, stats and word of mouth. I doubt he was very expensive.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Randall had great skill and enthusiasm when he started with us and by all accounts he trained harder and longer than the rest. Looked really promising first season got a lot of assists and scored some classy goals. Next season we wanted to sell him but he seemed to lose interest and so did his potential suitors. Had a lacklustre season and went. Not sure what happened there, good player on his day.

grecIAN Harris

Randall had great skill and enthusiasm when he started with us and by all accounts he trained harder and longer than the rest. Looked really promising first season got a lot of assists and scored some classy goals. Next season we wanted to sell him but he seemed to lose interest and so did his potential suitors. Had a lacklustre season and went. Not sure what happened there, good player on his day.
He got sussed out by opponents. No right to speak of and defenders got wise. They shoved him inside on his right foot into a gaggle of midfielders and he got eaten up.

STURTZ

Although his left was favourite I thought he had a good right foot. Right wing was the best place for him.

grecIAN Harris

Although his left was favourite I thought he had a good right foot. Right wing was the best place for him.
I think your mind is playing tricks on you. The only thing Williams right foot was good for was standing on so he could use his left foot. I've seen 11 year old left footers with a better right foot.

Spoonz Red E

I feel there was also something going on off the pitch.

Hull had been interested in him from early in the season and I feel that he knew if he ran his contract down it would be good for the terms offered by Hull at season's end.
The way Hull announced his signing when he did go to them heavily implied they had been chasing his signature and had finally 'got their man'.

So, tacitly, Randell knew he was set up for a move and stepped his performances back according - also ensuring an injury free end to the season.