• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Good luck Greeks

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Premier League
The league Argiggle fans always dream of being in, but never are! ;)

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
The league Argiggle fans always dream of being in, but never are! ;)
Ah yes the Greenies USP, the largest City in Europe never to have had a top flight football team, not a record to be proud of ! :ROFLMAO:

Curley

The only fact so far is that your lot gained promotion by default and not through winning games , try and remember that when writing history !
Not sure if you've been sleeping for the past few months ramone but due to a global pandemic football had no choice but to stop and with lower league sides unable to afford to play football behind closed doors the 3 best teams to date were granted promotion, what are the odds that if you didn't slip up and remained in the top 3 you would be right now saying that points per game was for the best?:D

it's interesting that you also said we gained promotion by not winning games but we won 20 compared to your 18 (then again you've still got a decent chance in the play offs)

all that said and done though i feel robbed as much as you do....we would've won the title had footy carried on;)

Curley

Ah yes the Greenies USP, the largest City in Europe never to have had a top flight football team, not a record to be proud of ! :ROFLMAO:
Don't talk to me about underachieving when you haven't even achieved what even Yeovil could manage in playing championship football ffs

Colesman Ballz

Don't talk to me about underachieving when you haven't even achieved what even Yeovil could manage in playing championship football ffs
Oh Curley dear chap, there are far better comparisons to be made between your mob and Yeovil, must be something about playing in green ! Both having wild dreams well above their status, resulting in near ruination. Your Premier$hite ambitions ended up with escaping by the skin of your teeth from dropping into the Conference, and of course .the Brentmare ! Yeovil did at least achieve their aim of the Championship, albeit for all of five minutes, before actually ending up in said Conference . The Glovers even scrapped their Academy as part of the project, which proved a nice little earner for us, Picked up Jordan Storey for nowt before flogging him on for £750k. Cherching ! :ROFLMAO:

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Not sure if you've been sleeping for the past few months ramone but due to a global pandemic football had no choice but to stop and with lower league sides unable to afford to play football behind closed doors the 3 best teams to date were granted promotion, what are the odds that if you didn't slip up and remained in the top 3 you would be right now saying that points per game was for the best?:D

it's interesting that you also said we gained promotion by not winning games but we won 20 compared to your 18 (then again you've still got a decent chance in the play offs)

all that said and done though i feel robbed as much as you do....we would've won the title had footy carried on;)
Not all lower league clubs could afford to see out the season anyway let alone having this covid stuff , that puts that myth to bed
I was all in favour of playing the season out at least that way fans would know who were the best teams not being sorted via some mickey mouse panel as if anything it should have been PPG when all teams had played once not on the final standings.
At the time you may have been 2 games up on us in the league but we would have knock one out over you for a 2nd time and you know it !
the fact Cheltenham went above us still grinds my gears as we would have taken points off of them as well.

Would you really have won the title ? I think not , you may have gained a promotion slot but you certainly wouldn't have won the league.

geoffwp

......all that said and done though i feel robbed as much as you do....we would've won the title had footy carried on;)
Ha ha ha🤣😂 lovin your sense of humour Curly. Best joke on here for quite some time.

STURTZ

The only fact so far is that your lot gained promotion by default and not through winning games , try and remember that when writing history !
Quite agree, should we gain promotion at least it will be through proper competition and not some random guesswork. Frankly, to be considered below a team that we have beaten 4:0 would be an injustice and a disgrace.

Mervyn

Quite agree, should we gain promotion at least it will be through proper competition and not some random guesswork. Frankly, to be considered below a team that we have beaten 4:0 would be an injustice and a disgrace.
We owe you a big, big thank you for that result. It woke us up and we went from strength to strength as a consequence.

Mervyn

Go £uck yourself.
[/QUOT
Very intelligent banter. I’m genuinely curious, even allowing for your small fan base, why are there so few posts on this site?