• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Goal keeper required (Jökull Andrésson signs!)for Morecambe and back for Exeter! Signs for Stevenage

ExmouthMart

Reading obviously still rate him so they're not going to sell him, are they?
I don’t know but a decent offer might persuade them if we want him bad enough. Obviously I haven’t seen him play but everyone is full of praise for him and wouldn’t it put down a mark of our intent if we could. If he ends up at FGR or somewhere like that because we were unsure what’s that going to say about our intentions for next season?!

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
I don’t know but a decent offer might persuade them if we want him bad enough. Obviously I haven’t seen him play but everyone is full of praise for him and wouldn’t it put down a mark of our intent if we could. If he ends up at FGR or somewhere like that because we were unsure what’s that going to say about our intentions for next season?!
Can we afford the sort of offer to meet Reading's rating? I doubt it.

Pete Martin (CTID)

I still think we should try and sign him permanently if theres a chance we can. Who talks about Maxted or Ward now?! Gives the team a lift and you know he’s going to make mistakes but he seems to have something about him. If we sign him and he continues to improve he will come to the attention of the bigger clubs quicker than being a squad player at Reading.
Indeed. It's incredible that Martinez was basically kicking his heels at Arsenal for 10 years before Villa gave him his chance - and how he has taken it.

Ian Tarr

Can we afford the sort of offer to meet Reading's rating? I doubt it.
The only hope might be a Randell Williams type deal, where Reading would get maybe 50% of any sell-on.

Spoonz Red E

The only hope might be a Randell Williams type deal, where Reading would get maybe 50% of any sell-on.
I'm not sure they would be after a sell on though.
I get the feeling they want his loan spells to develop him as a future keeper for them.
Maybe the leverage is to convince Reading that he is developing and will continue to develop well here.

grecIAN Harris

Where 50% of nothing is nothing.

Ian Tarr

Where 50% of nothing is nothing.
Of course it is now, but wouldn't have been if he hadn't screwed up his January move.

Ian Tarr

I'm not sure they would be after a sell on though.
I get the feeling they want his loan spells to develop him as a future keeper for them.
Maybe the leverage is to convince Reading that he is developing and will continue to develop well here.
Is probably right, but they have a few keepers, I understand. Realistically they may need to off load one or two.
Of course if we go up, the loan option becomes more realistic. ;-)

Red Bill

Trouble is Ian, as we've seen before a player's value seem to relate more to the league he's come from than his actual ability, so given what a young L2 keeper is likely to go for, would 50% of that be enough to tempt a championship club to do business? Williams is older and looked to have the potential to generate the kind of fees we got for Grimes and Watkins, which may be significant enough, however I'd be surprised if a young keeper brought in a quaters of that, so i'm not sure Reading would have the same hope income wise as Watford may have had.

Ian Tarr

Trouble is Ian, as we've seen before a player's value seem to relate more to the league he's come from than his actual ability, so given what a young L2 keeper is likely to go for, would 50% of that be enough to tempt a championship club to do business? Williams is older and looked to have the potential to generate the kind of fees we got for Grimes and Watkins, which may be significant enough, however I'd be surprised if a young keeper brought in a quaters of that, so i'm not sure Reading would have the same hope income wise as Watford may have had.
Again, that's probably right, but in terms of a permanent move, that's about the only semblance of a feasible option.