• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Goal keeper required (Jökull Andrésson signs!)for Morecambe and back for Exeter! Signs for Stevenage

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Interesting that Reading see something in him to give him a 3 year contract. He is still very young for a keeper so after a successful loan spell with us in League 2 it makes sense that they are interested in how he performs in League 1. Also I suspect at Morecambe he's going to be very busy next season.
If I was the Morecambe keeper who'd played 47 out of 49 games in a promotion-winning team I think I'd expect to begin the next season as No. 1 – would presume Jokull will start the season on the bench.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
If I was the Morecambe keeper who'd played 47 out of 49 games in a promotion-winning team I think I'd expect to begin the next season as No. 1 – would presume Jokull will start the season on the bench.
Which I would guess won’t please him much. Still , time to move on , hopefully we’ll find someone as good or better soon.

DawlishBouy

That player doesn't actually exist.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
That player doesn't actually exist.
Okay, but you get my point – at the risk of being corrected again, Kyle Letheren played every game from January 30 onwards and would, I imagine, expect to start the new season as Morecambe's No. 1.

DawlishBouy

Okay, but you get my point – at the risk of being corrected again, Kyle Letheren played every game from January 30 onwards and would, I imagine, expect to start the new season as Morecambe's No. 1.

Letheran actually got dropped to the bench for 1 game early March. But yes I agree with your point. Earlier in this thread I already said I would be surprised at Jokull going to Morecambe because of the possibility of him ending up not getting game time.

Grecian2K

Can we consider this thread "closed" now?

budegrecian

Can we consider this thread "closed" now?
No, merely suspended until next May...

Ash

No, merely suspended until next May...
Or perhaps even January!

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Interesting that MT implied in his interview re Dawson that he preferred someone more experienced than Jokull.

Anyway, thread over, shirley?

Banksy

Interesting that MT implied in his interview re Dawson that he preferred someone more experienced than Jokull.

Anyway, thread over, shirley?
Got to be.Time to move on.