• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Goal keeper required (Jökull Andrésson signs!)for Morecambe and back for Exeter! Signs for Stevenage

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Lewis Ward has an ankle injury, I don't think we should rely on a 15 year old, however good he is.

Should we go for an older keeper who could also act as goalkeeper coach?

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Think Matt Taylor has indicated we will be in for a keeper, and to get one by next tuesday I think we'll have to accept whoever we can get!

Must be a lot of quality second string keepers in the premiership that would benefit from getting some proper competitive action in.

Last edited:

Rosencrantz

Jared Thompson has ended up signing with Brentford B side. Not sure if he is playing much but might be a loan shout. Won't take him much time to settle. I think it will depend on how long Lewis and Jonny are out for. If it's two or three weeks a loan will do. Any longer could see an out of contact signing like last season.

Red Devon

Sounded in the post match interview that MT is well on top of this, said he’s been looking at it since the Maxted injury.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Think Matt Taylor has indicated we will be in for a keeper, and to get one by next tuesday I think we'll have to accept whoever we can get!

Must be a lot of quality second string keepers in the premiership that would benefit from getting some proper competitive action in.
With luck they might pay his wages..we can hope.

Pobbop

Yeah, was qrong in the matchday thread, seems we'll get one, though I think it'll be on a pay-per-play basis, can't afford anything more, because in the end we have 2 decent keepers here, freakish they both be injured.

exile in wales

Anybody got the telephone No for Andy Marriott ....

Red Bill

Whilst it's prudent not to go splashing the Watkins cash while there's so much uncertainty, this is an emergency if both keepers will be out for a while and for once we can afford a new signing. Whether that's a loan or a permanent signing, it's good to be in this position.

manc grecian

Paul Jones *taps nose*

fred binneys head

That’ll do for me, Manc