• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Glastonbury

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
It's odd seeing so many acts from that I remember my childhood. Too many of them don't have the voice or the energy anymore. Debbie Harry was very disappointing. We also got a song from Candi Station and she didn't have the voice for it.

The Legend spot is ideal for the oldies, and I thought Yusuf/Cat Steven did really well. Have them in that slot and close Glastonbury with a younger big act.
Imagine if in the 80's most of the headline slots were taken up with the likes of Bill Haley, Tommy Steele, Glen Miller tribute big bands and a various array of skiffle outfits. Well, that's kind of where it's at today.

grecIAN Harris

Imagine if in the 80's most of the headline slots were taken up with the likes of Bill Haley, Tommy Steele, Glen Miller tribute big bands and a various array of skiffle outfits. Well, that's kind of where it's at today.
But those kind of those performers were ever the kinds of music associated with Glastonbury, the nearest probably Bill Haley and the Comets as one of the original rock and roll bands. The 'fossils' on stage over the weekend have always been if not personally but in terms of style and content.

Mr Jinx

But those kind of those performers were ever the kinds of music associated with Glastonbury, the nearest probably Bill Haley and the Comets as one of the original rock and roll bands. The 'fossils' on stage over the weekend have always been if not personally but in terms of style and content.
Name me one other festival that Elton John has played? It's not his thing, nor ever was. He plays stadiums, but they're a wholly different vibe.

grecIAN Harris

Name me one other festival that Elton John has played? It's not his thing, nor ever was. He plays stadiums, but they're a wholly different vibe.
I wasn't talking about Elton John specifically but the 'fossils' as a whole. And so what that Elton John is normally a stadium performer, if a performer as big as he is says he wants to do Glastonbury............

STURTZ

Festivals that I went to in the seventies involved bands like The Wurzels, Sheepdip Sowden and the Cowshed Cleaners and Shag Connors and the Carrot Crunchers. My visits to Glasto ceased after some **** asked me if I was Joe Cocker.

Spoonz Red E

Festivals that I went to in the seventies involved bands like The Wurzels, Sheepdip Sowden and the Cowshed Cleaners and Shag Connors and the Carrot Crunchers. My visits to Glasto ceased after some **** asked me if I was Joe Cocker.
It probably was Joe Cocker.
Drug tripping was so rife back then with artists trying to 'find themselves' that the process of elimination was often the last resort.
A kind of reverse 'I'm Spartacus'.

Bridgy 81

It certainly has changed over the years.
In 1992 the Pyramid Stage headliners included Shakespeare’s Sister and Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine.

Rosencrantz

It certainly has changed over the years.
In 1992 the Pyramid Stage headliners included Shakespeare’s Sister and Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine.
Sounds good 🙂