• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Giro d’Italia

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes indeed. I thought Sagan was just a tough guy and a sprinter!

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Another good day for the Maglia Rosa with Joao Almeida extending his lead to 40 seconds over Wilco Kelderman at the top of the GC....great to see Tao Geoghegan looking pretty feisty in the breakaway group and coming in fourth on today’s stage.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
great to see Tao Geoghegan looking pretty feisty in the breakaway group and coming in fourth on today’s stage.
Turning out to be a decent tour for Ineos, after that early blow.

Red Devon

Turning out to be a decent tour for Ineos, after that early blow.
Another one again today Ganna in the time trial four now in total so far, would probably be just the two TT’s if Thomas hadn’t have to pull out.

Rosencrantz

Another one again today Ganna in the time trial four now in total so far, would probably be just the two TT’s if Thomas hadn’t have to pull out.
Ganna is a monster in these TT's. Rohan Dennis in second and Castroviejo also in the top ten. A good day for Ineos. Good ride for Tao as well moving him up to 11th.

Big week coming up for Almeida. He has another TT to look forward to but the attacks will have to start coming now from the others in the mountains. He has looked really strong so far but it only takes one bad day in the mountains for it all to get swept away.

Is it just me, or is the commentator getting on anyone elses nerves as well. Just stop the cod accents when saying the cyclist's name. I don't mind attempting the correct pronunciation but he is going over the top. His pronunciation of Matthias Brandle was really grating yesterday. I'm surprised when he mentioned Geraint Thomas yesterday he didn't put on a Welsh accent 🙄.

Red Devon

Ganna is a monster in these TT's. Rohan Dennis in second and Castroviejo also in the top ten. A good day for Ineos. Good ride for Tao as well moving him up to 11th.

Big week coming up for Almeida. He has another TT to look forward to but the attacks will have to start coming now from the others in the mountains. He has looked really strong so far but it only takes one bad day in the mountains for it all to get swept away.

Is it just me, or is the commentator getting on anyone elses nerves as well. Just stop the cod accents when saying the cyclist's name. I don't mind attempting the correct pronunciation but he is going over the top. His pronunciation of Matthias Brandle was really grating yesterday. I'm surprised when he mentioned Geraint Thomas yesterday he didn't put on a Welsh accent 🙄.
Agree Rob Hatch the commentator, I find him very enthusiastic and knowledgeable but his over use of the foreign accents does tend grind your gears somewhat, I think the Vuelta highlights are going to be on ITV.

Red Devon

Well,well, well that stirs things up a bit... Tao Geoghagen takes stage 15 for Ineos Grenadiers and with the chance of taking the maglia rosa now a possibly with a hard mountainous final week to come.

Rosencrantz

Well,well, well that stirs things up a bit... Tao Geoghagen takes stage 15 for Ineos Grenadiers and with the chance of taking the maglia rosa now a possibly with a hard mountainous final week to come.
He has certainly put himself in with a shot at a high finish, possible podium. Kelderman still has a good lead and looks strong. Got to say it was a brave ride from Almeida to stay in pink despite riding solo for the last six or seven km. Typical Nibali to slip away from the leaders but you can almost guarantee he will find form on one of the mountain stages left. James Knox continues to quietly impress. He has for a couple of years now.

Going to be an intriguing last week.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agree Rob Hatch the commentator, I find him very enthusiastic and knowledgeable but his over use of the foreign accents does tend grind your gears somewhat, I think the Vuelta highlights are going to be on ITV.
Brian Smith is still the one I can't listen to for long. It's that voice!

Red Devon

Unexpected quiet day in the mountains on stage 17 today with no changes at the top of the GC where Almeida still leads Kelderman by 17 seconds....tomorrow we may see some fireworks when the riders pass over the highest point on this years race on another mountainous stage.