• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gillingham vs City FA Cup 2nd Rd MDT

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Very impressive performance against higher league opposition....Atangana, McArdle and Law all had very, very good games with Joel Randall once again looking a class above...was a poor throw out from Andresson that immediately put Page under pressure for Gillingham‘s opener...other than that we were excellent.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Page seems even more injury prone than we had feared.

grecIAN Harris

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Grecian2K

Tish tish Matt.

You'll NEVER get favoured by the BBC unless you learn to call it a "Cupset".

Grecian 1901

I think in R2 you are right. Last time we won away against higher league competition would have been 96/97 when we beat Bristol Rovers 2-1 thanks to Dazza and Flacky (I was there, we got hammered!).
All results here.

STURTZ

We're at our best when teams try and hold a high line against us, we have pace and the ability to pass the ball around behind their defensive line, especially today with Law playing. Evans also showed his tactical ineptitude in playing four strikers toward the end of the game, you have to still have the ability to get the ball and play it into those strikers. If they had of managed to get a late equaliser we would have been in poll position to go on and win it in extra time. Water under the bridge now, we're through and they are not.😊

Grecian2K

And another great interview with our "man of the moment"

Red Bill

That was at home Bill. We were talking away games. Seems like we have ventured away from Bristol clubs now!
Ah yes, wasn't thinking about the away from home part.

fred binneys head

I’d like to hear Steve Evans interview after the game if anyone can find it. He’s a pantomime villain on the sideline, but I enjoy hearing him speak.