• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gillingham vs City FA Cup 2nd Rd MDT

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
Did they say why Page was taken off early?

Reactions: WXF

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good to dump fatso Evans out
Seeing him chatting to SMT before the start, I didn't realise he was quite so short either. One looked like a football manager, the other like a Glaswegian bookie.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
One looked like a football manager, the other like a Glaswegian bookie.
One IS a football manager, the other acts like a Glaswegian bookie.
(PS: Well done the Grecians (for putting one over Woking's lucky vanquishers in R1))

Red Bill

I'll stand corrected, but I think it's the first time in R2 since Bristol City 1985.
No we beat Port Vale who were L1 at the time to set up the Liverpool tie.

rick whitemore

I'll stand corrected, but I think it's the first time in R2 since Bristol City 1985.
I was there with my sister and best mate 2-1. We were wearing yellow shirts and green shorts and socks!

denzel

Fan-bloody-tastic!!

A much welcome £17k prize money for todays win (a defeat would have only earned £8.5k)
Plus a pot of £82k on the table for R3.
Kerchinggggg.
And hopefully this time we will get some TV money. BBC are showing Bradford v Oldham FFS! They love their Northerners

arthur

Just fantastic. Did Iceman make a save? We were excellent all over the pitch - only two isolated errors led to their two goals (their one player should never have been able to beat two of ours to get the cross in for the second).

We've had good teams in the past (2010/11 for example) but this is by far the best squad I can remember. No old crocks or has beens, no second rate stand ins, just a lot of quality options to select from. And nine goals in a week from a team with a crap forward line....

Grecian2K

And hopefully this time we will get some TV money. BBC are showing Bradford v Oldham FFS! They love their Northerners
I believe it's because their Salford base is in Tier 3....the BBC are not allowed to venture out of the northern Covid wall. The good news is that Salford City have been well and truly dumped out by Newport. The BBC sports editors will have to look elsewhere for their sycophancy (although, having said that, ManUre enter the draw in R3 don't they ?)

budegrecian

Take your pick from Big Nige, Nicky Law & Joel Randall.
The whole team played very well & I would also mention our CH pairing. The last time we played against Vadine Oliver he bullied us. Not today.
Jack Sparkes also settled in very quickly against their dangerous winger.

Great Day, yes!

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Take your pick from Big Nige, Nicky Law & Joel Randall.
Agree with this. Impossible to chose between those three. Good win, could and should have won by more, but a sloppy second goal conceded. Shows again the risk of making two defensive-minded subs at the same time. I remember Tis once telling me he'd learnt that lesson the hard way.