• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gillingham FA Cup Build Up Thread

ralph

Is the reference to Season Ticket holders getting the match for free at the bottom of this article correct?
Doubt it, looks like someone has copy/pasted this paragraph. Could do with confirmation or otherwise from the club.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Could be that all the six outfield subs from last night start on Saturday. Maybe even leave one or two of those who have played most (Archie?) at home?

denzel

With a potentially lucrative 3rd round tie I would have thought both sides will want to be up for this.
Is it lucrative though? Even if fans are allowed there would be little income from having 2k or 4k and the prize money is substantially reduced. The TV money is the only reason to want a decent tie.
I would like a Cup run but could totally understand wholesale changes given the run of games we are having at the moment.

Alistair20000

Is it lucrative though? Even if fans are allowed there would be little income from having 2k or 4k and the prize money is substantially reduced. The TV money is the only reason to want a decent tie.
I would like a Cup run but could totally understand wholesale changes given the run of games we are having at the moment.
I am thinking very much of the 64 ball type tie and the TV money here.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is the reference to Season Ticket holders getting the match for free at the bottom of this article correct?
No, The article is now correct: Season Ticket holders will have to purchase a pass.

📺 Stream Saturday's Emirates FA Cup clash with Gillingham - News - Exeter City FC

Corey

Wasn’t as bothered about the FA Cup this year with fans not being able to attend, but now that it seems that we will be able to attend (even if in small numbers) I am just as excited about the FA Cup and the prospect of a big tie as usual! Love the FA Cup me.

STURTZ

Wasn’t as bothered about the FA Cup this year with fans not being able to attend, but now that it seems that we will be able to attend (even if in small numbers) I am just as excited about the FA Cup and the prospect of a big tie as usual! Love the FA Cup me.
We all like the FA Cup it's just that we've been let down for so long that we don't want to show our hands for fear of disapointment!

Go on City play a young side and show the world how good our academy is!

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Went to Gillingham once long old trek no wonder it's a 1.00 pm kick off

Steve Evans gobbie git and like Tisdale has had some success but has also had more failures

MId Table division one team below the scum, nothing to fear, we are unbeaten away from home so far this season, 2-2 draw (goals from Jay and Williams) goes to extra time for an Ajose winner and into the hat for the third round, take that Mr Evans!

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Given the likelihood of changes for this game, I will go for a starting 11 of:

(GK) Andresson
(RB) Key
(RCB) McArdle
(LCB) Parkes
(LB) Hartridge
(LCM) Law
(CM) Collins
(RCM) Taylor
(RW) Randall
(ATT) Bowman
(LW) Sparkes

Subs: (GK) Lee, (RCB) Sweeney, (CM) Atangana, (AMC) Jay, (RW) Williams, (ATT) Fisher, (ATT) Ajose.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Team selection for this one will be very important as we are away to Grimsby on the Tuesday following and that is 'some old poke'.