• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gill on loan?

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
What if that 'crisis' happens during a match?
Then you put the substitute goalie on. If he's 18 years so be it. We would hardly be the first club to ever put a young goalie on, Jonesy did alright when he came on for his debut I seem to remember.

It used to work fine for clubs, now most clubs seem ot have 4 bloody keepers. What a waste.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
You need 2 keepers on the books minimum - what if one has a doomer ? ie Kyrsiak every other few games , you need someone in reserve ready to replace them as a keeper.

A young kid being thrown in the deep end especially in our current position could wreck his potential/believe.

Alistair20000

For this season to be a success two things had to happen. Firstly, some of last years players, Troy, Sercombe, Dunne etc had to make huge strides into becoming sellable assets.
Just finished a browse of the WMN over lunch. Rob Edwards is quoted as saying he "won't be surprised" if there are enquiries for Troy in the January window.

The article (Matt Bamsey) goes on to say there could be interest in Sercs and Dunney. Last, but not least, Gollum is described as a "saleable asset."

Pick the bones out of that.

davecg

Just finished a browse of the WMN over lunch. Rob Edwards is quoted as saying he "won't be surprised" if there are enquiries for Troy in the January window.

The article (Matt Bamsey) goes on to say there could be interest in Sercs and Dunney. Last, but not least, Gollum is described as a "saleable asset."

To spend some cash now youd want a player that is going to come in and be a success straight away to help your season, that means someone in form, and none of the above are that. With all except Troy, I think, out of contract in the summer if you like the potential they have you would wait untill then I would imagine.
Id say Matt Bamseys article was optimistic in the extreme.

Grecian_Jay

The only person who put a bid in for Sercs after his performances would be Stevie Wonder. Dunne has been either dreadful or useful in his games and Troy is the definition of inconsistent.

I won't even talk about Goldie, who the hell would buy him?

Grecian Max

Reading :D

Maybe Tis could persuade Ray Kelvin to pay for another loan player's wages for a few months again à la Matt Oakley.

flakey pasty

The only person who put a bid in for Sercs after his performances would be Stevie Wonder. Dunne has been either dreadful or useful in his games and Troy is the definition of inconsistent.

You seem angry and depressed again today Jay.
Do cheer up mate.

Craig McAllister has just been put on the transfer list by Newport County.

Not that I think signing him would be a good idea.
If Wikipedia is to be believed it seems he has scored precisely no goals in 24 games for the mighty Newport. To think there were those who thought we made a mistake in letting him go.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster

Now that is what I call nailing your colours to the mast. Should any leave in the near future to higher placed clubs your judgement in these matters is bound to be open to redicule.