• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

George Ray to Orient

Intheknow84

What’s going on with Ray? Not in the squad when fit? Far better than grounds to be on the bench?
rumour has it he has fallen out with Taylor?

milts

Maybe off out on loan to free up wages for a striker? We have enough defenders without him to be honest.
I like the guy but with Stubbs and Diabate playing well and Hartridge to come back I would swap Ray for a striker

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
Maybe off out on loan to free up wages for a striker? We have enough defenders without him to be honest.
I like the guy but with Stubbs and Diabate playing well and Hartridge to come back I would swap Ray for a striker
... And 250 green shield stamps. 😊

Bridgy 81

If so I suppose it means the club are confident in Stubbs’ recovery and his likelihood to remain consistently selectable, as far as you can ever be sure of anything.
That’s good then.

LDNGrecian

Thought you were in the know?

Rosencrantz

Could be a balance thing rather than Ray is better than Grounds thing. With Cheick playing left of the three Grounds covers that side better than Ray and also is comfortable bringing the ball out as was needed today. Both Stubbs and Cheick can play in the middle of a three. So it might not really be Grounds keeping Ray out, but Sam and Cheick. I'd expect when Hartridge is back then Grounds position on the bench will be threatened.

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
Could be a balance thing rather than Ray is better than Grounds thing. With Cheick playing left of the three Grounds covers that side better than Ray and also is comfortable bringing the ball out as was needed today. Both Stubbs and Cheick can play in the middle of a three. So it might not really be Grounds keeping Ray out, but Sam and Cheick. I'd expect when Hartridge is back then Grounds position on the bench will be threatened.
Correct!

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
What’s going on with Ray? Not in the squad when fit? Far better than grounds to be on the bench?
rumour has it he has fallen out with Taylor?
Why is it every time when a player leaves it's because they have fallen out with KMT, all the reports you hear are that it's quite a tight group, but then suddenly so and so is rumoured to be on their way and they have had a bust up with Taylor. If they are that petty then fook them,

arthur

Yes, a narrative has built up that Taylor, who was a competent, reliable centre half but nothing more, has fallen out with several players who play in that position. Aaron Martin, Tom Parkes and now George Ray - is there any evidence for this?

tonykellowfan

He definitely fell out with Aaron Martin.

Parkes was more that he came back from lockdown 3 stone heavier and MT was horrified, lost all respect for him so he had to go.

I haven't heard anything about Ray.