• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

George Ray to Orient

Average Joe

Maybe off out on loan to free up wages for a striker? We have enough defenders without him to be honest.
I like the guy but with Stubbs and Diabate playing well and Hartridge to come back I would swap Ray for a striker
Have we not signed a striker three weeks ago?

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Have we not signed a striker three weeks ago?
Do you not keep up, signed, scored, injured, operated upon, all in one month, out possibly until the end of the season, bring on the next one!

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Gone to Leyton Orient

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Very strange, with Stubbs dodgy knee we are never far away from needing him in the centre of the back 3.

I think he's fallen out with MT.

iscalad

He's probably 5th or 6th in the pecking order. Why is it strange?

Rosencrantz

It's not strange at all, it's football. George wants game time and Matt has agreed.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
If Stubbs gets injured (which is highly likely), who plays in the middle of a back 3? Hartridge isn't that mould, Diabate still needs someone experienced next to him to help him through games. Sweeney? No, he's much better on the right of a 3.

Obviously got to trust the manager but I hope we don't regret it.

budegrecian

It's not strange at all, it's football. George wants game time and Matt has agreed.
Simply that.

Good honest player, who didn't let us down. However, the return to fitness of Sam Stubbs & the emergence of Cheick has resulted in him no longer being a regular starter. Good move for all concerned & I wish him the best.

denzel

If Stubbs gets injured (which is highly likely), who plays in the middle of a back 3? Hartridge isn't that mould, Diabate still needs someone experienced next to him to help him through games. Sweeney? No, he's much better on the right of a 3.

Obviously got to trust the manager but I hope we don't regret it.
Can Grounds play there?

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can Grounds play there?
I wouldn't want to see Jonathan Grounds being in the middle of a back 3 personally.

Like I said, let's trust MT and the clubs judgement.