• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

General Election - 8thJune

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terryhall

The only way we could have secured better terms from the EU would have been if we were more prepared to compromise.

Membership of the customs union, continuing to allow free movement of workers (perhaps including the stricter controls that all other EU member states have adopted, but which the UK has used its veto to avoid applying), all of these options were open to the UK but playing to the ERG meant all were abandoned on day one removing any and all negotiating room for either side.

To those who say this would stop the UK negotiating its own trade deals, it hasn't stopped Switzerland from doing so.

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Corrected for factuals. :)
Its a long and winding road Alistair and im pretty sure that's you i see way out in front. ;)

Alistair20000

Its a long and winding road Alistair and im pretty sure that's you i see way out in front. ;)
Very likely Geoffers. Better to be a has been than a never been I guess.

Mr Jinx

The only way we could have secured better terms from the EU would have been if we were more prepared to compromise.

Membership of the customs union, continuing to allow free movement of workers (perhaps including the stricter controls that all other EU member states have adopted, but which the UK has used its veto to avoid applying), all of these options were open to the UK but playing to the ERG meant all were abandoned on day one removing any and all negotiating room for either side.
Stopping EU free movement is not just some kind of ERG nutter wet dream.

Alistair20000

Al, you cannot seriously be suggesting that your yay or nay gravitates towards Mr Pienaar (Who, let's be honest, makes our Lez look like Jonny Dep) rather than Ms Kuenssberg?

I agree re Barnett, she never lets any of them off the hook, and they all squirm.
You are a very dirty boy Spankers :)

This particular politically correct puritan frowns on yaying or naying. I be are more interested in what is between their ears rather than between.............

Terryhall

Not only, no. But taking that off the table definitely removed any freedom to negotiate a better deal, which is what was raised a few posts ago.

Oldsmobile-88

In America no doubt, being welcomed by Trump after all the help he absolutely didn't give him....
Quite bizzare by Trump today(again !) praising Wikileaks in 2016 after Hilary Clintons emails were exposed & denting the Democrats pre Presidential election(allergy by the Russian Secret Service)..Denying any knowledge about the organisation today :D

Meanwhile back on the farm the Glorious Leader was opposed to any extradition to the USA for Assange.One would hope he is just as opposed to Assange evading sexual assault charges & skipping bail,but don’t hold your breath !

What did this country do to deserve two useless party leaders at the same time..

IndoMike

It's more of a nightmare. For me freedom of movement was one of the great successes of being a member of the EU. Funny how Brits are so happy to travel abroad presumably in part to experience different cultures and yet it's NIMBY to have Europeans living here. London is nearer to Paris than Newcastle damn it

Spoonz Red E

Quite bizzare by Trump today(again !) praising Wikileaks in 2016 after Hilary Clintons emails were exposed & denting the Democrats pre Presidential election(allergy by the Russian Secret Service)..Denying any knowledge about the organisation today :D

Meanwhile back on the farm the Glorious Leader was opposed to any extradition to the USA for Assange.One would hope he is just as opposed to Assange evading sexual assault charges & skipping bail,but don’t hold your breath !

What did this country do to deserve two useless party leaders at the same time..
Two different things.

Assange should face the sexual assault charges for sure but the USA want him because Wikileaks exposed a load of crap being done by their military and covered up i.e whistleblowing.
If the USA can grab anyone across the globe for such whistleblowing it'll be a blow for investigative reporting.

IndoMike

7 years virtually locked up in a small room with no natural sunlight and limited access to the outside world plus the constant fear of ending up in some awful American prison for life must have had a serious impact on his physical and psychological state. Having said that, he didn't do himself many favours by being such an arrogant bloke.

Status
Not open for further replies.