• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

GENERAL ELECTION 2019

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I have seen it described as a cringeworthy scoreless draw with little talent on display. Glad I missed it to watch our glorious cup win but that was worthy of a report on the Feckin' Dire thread for about 2/3 of the game.

Whatever happened to feisty/passionate FA Cup games ? :cry:
If the highlights were so short I can't imagine what the full match was like. God Save the Nation (urgently).
We need a new system, starting with proportional representation.

IndoMike

If you could kindly point me to where what I stated wasn't truthful, that would be great.
I wasn't accusing you of lying, Jason. I was asking you if you believed what you said, i.e. have you convinced yourself that what you said is true?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I have, because as I see it, it is.

IndoMike

Come back to the UK for Xmas and you'll have your chicken chlorinated, cooked by Trump and served to you by Putin. Or so Corbyn and crew will have you believe...
Thanks for the invitation, Jinxy. Very kind. Just turkey for me, thanks, with all the trimmings of course. Plus a nice glass (or two) of Rioja.
Talking about chickens, when are you going to answer my questions?😉

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Re: JRM, it's very unusual for the Leader of the House to be towards the forefront of an election campaign. I can't recall once seeing Valerie Vaz so far, so why not ask where she is too? After all she is JRM's equivalent.

Both parties will push out the same spokesmen for their particular areas - so we see quite a bit of Boris, Priti, Sajid, Matt Hancock etc. for the Conservatives and the Glorious Leader, Big Johnny Mac, Jon Ashworth etc. for Labour. 'Twas ever thus.

Re: the debate - I was listening to our glorious victory in the FA Cup so didn't watch. As always with these things Labour supporters say the Glorious Leader "won", Conservative supporters say Boris "won".

In my Conservative echo chambers there was general agreement that Boris edged it, but there was disquiet about the format, the presenter and the Twitter thing.
I'm not sure anyone ever changes their mind after a debate. Surely it's all just an exercise in confirmation bias?

IndoMike

I have, because as I see it, it is.
It's not a question of Moggy being at the forefront. It's just "where is he?" period

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not sure anyone ever changes their mind after a debate. Surely it's all just an exercise in confirmation bias?
We did have "I agree with Nick" after the first debate in 2010 although in the end this didn't translate into anything much (in fact IIRC they actually lost seats). Otherwise I agree - and I see no point in watching them myself for the reason you state.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
It's not a question of Moggy being at the forefront. It's just "where is he?" period
He is where most candidates of all parties are - canvassing in his constituency.

IndoMike

I was having a chat with the husband of my hairdresser yesterday. Exeter constituent. He is dyed in the wool Labour and has always voted Labour. He told me one of Ben's ladies was around the day before asking for his support. He told her he could not possibly vote Labour while Magic Grandpa is leader. I think he might be a Brexit Leaver. She replied: "A lot of people are saying that unfortunately"

Don't think you have any chance of winning your 8-1 bet mind. It it comes off we are looking at a huge Tory majority which I just don't see.
Deary me. This is worse than "a mate of mine was in a bar and someone told him Sir Matt was going to Mansfield". 🙄😊

IndoMike

He is where most candidates of all parties are - canvassing in his constituency.
Wise decision.