• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

GB News.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
They don't say much about them because they don't watch them. Like GB News they are not news channels, just mouthpieces for their various agendas. Nothing wrong with that, but I don't need to watch them to know what they are.
Hardly anyone really tunes in for any length of time, They get their news on the phone, Which to me is far more dangerous, At least Ofcom have rules for TV news. To me GBN is more about opinions rather than " Reading the news"

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hardly anyone really tunes in for any length of time, They get their news on the phone, Which to me is far more dangerous, At least Ofcom have rules for TV news. To me GBN is more about opinions rather than " Reading the news"
They shouldn't call it news then.

angelic upstart

But GBopinions sounds terrible.

DB9

They do have News, The headline stuff etc, But like any 24hr rolling news channel you have to fill your schedule with other shows, Again if its not your bag, Don't watch.

Grecian2K

Neil's gone then. Farce
Poor old Andy :cry:
Andrew Neil quits GB News as TV channel is branded a 'sinking ship' (msn.com)
He should have realised that his services were no longer needed when all the old pans in the staff canteen were replaced with with non-stick ones.

Swanaldo

Forgive my ignorance, but is this a standalone channel or a programme on an existing network?

Grecian2K

Forgive my ignorance, but is this a standalone channel or a programme on an existing network?
It's a "proud BRITISH channel" for "proud BRITISH patriots"...bankrolled by US Nasdaq listed multinational "Liberty Global" with a far-right Australian called Angelos Frangopoulos at the helm.

gilbertshoot

It's a "proud BRITISH channel" for "proud BRITISH patriots"...bankrolled by US Nasdaq listed multinational "Liberty Global" with a far-right Australian called Angelos Frangopoulos at the helm.
Patriotism can come in many different guises. I do resent these extreme right flag shaggers thinking that they've cornered the market and that unless you conform to their definition you should 'leave the country'! 😜

Spoonz Red E

It's a minor channel which hopes to create controversy so it gets traction in the 'real' world of social media.
It isn't the first nor will it be last to do so.
More ripples in the dirty pool ...

Grecian2K

So St Brillo has scuttled back to the dear old Beeb in order to have his little dig about GB Snooze.
GB News: I became a minority of one, says Andrew Neil - BBC News
How ironic.