• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

GB News.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
I do not have a high opinion of the BBC, I do not believe it challenges in any meaningful way and its relationship with politicians is far too cosy.

I was blown away when I discovered MSNBC. OK some of it is not great. But the best of it just shows what is possible. Real and moving and sometimes a touch of irony. There is no sign that UK media is coming close.

Andrew Neil is another UK establishment figure in a long line of so called interrogators that discover nothing. The best that we have had was Brian Walden and that is going back a bit.
MSNBC is seen in the US as a more "Liberal" mouthpiece by some, I think myself CBS or even ABC are more newsworthy. Over here I'd like to see GB News seek all sides in debates, Even the decisive ones, That is a problem that some say about the others here, They give too much to one side of an argument.

IndoMike

GB news have already said that it'll be an individual programme with news based programmes. Not what we already have.

Personally, I don't see the need for yet more opinion based stuff, I prefer facts to form my own opinion. However it'll do well I'm sure.
"Facts" no longer exist..

tavyred

GB News will quickly disappear if it’s allowed to be overtly right wing like Fox News. Andrew Neil has suggested that he wants the news to be presented in such a way that doesn’t look like it’s been put through a southern liberal metropolitan filter first. Looking how the established news broadcasters have covered Brexit and the rest over the last few years, that sounds like a recipe for success to me.

DB9

GB News will quickly disappear if it’s allowed to be overtly right wing like Fox News. Andrew Neil has suggested that he wants the news to be presented in such a way that doesn’t look like it’s been put through a southern liberal metropolitan filter first. Looking how the established news broadcasters have covered Brexit and the rest over the last few years, that sounds like a recipe for success to me.
Listening to Andrew Neil this morning he is "Unsurprised" that people have been calling it a "Hate Channel" even before a second of the channel has been broadcasted, If GB News can challenge these stupid people who have condemmed it without it being on air and because it doesn't support their views then i look forward to watching it, If its not for me then i do what i do to things i don't like on TV, i switch over, Very easy to do that.

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Andrew Neil is coming across as an awful person on Twitter. He seems to think that being anti-woke is a good idea, and he references the left as hard left.

He's been at the BBC, The Times and runs the very right wing Spectator. He's everything that people complain about the media, out of touch Fleet Street elites.

Mr Jinx

Andrew Neil is coming across as an awful person on Twitter. He seems to think that being anti-woke is a good idea, and he references the left as hard left.

He's been at the BBC, The Times and runs the very right wing Spectator. He's everything that people complain about the media, out of touch Fleet Street elites.
That's a confusing statement.

So you think being anti-woke makes you an awful person?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

How could it be anything else?

Last edited:

tavyred

Andrew Neil is having a field day on Twitter blocking lefty FBPE bedwetters who seemingly cannot countenance a pluralistic media landscape and would rather live in their own echo chamber where contrary opinion has been cancelled thanks to online pile-ons.
The left (or parts of it) in this country is becoming dangerously pathetic.

Rosencrantz

Do you think being woke is a bad thing?

iscalad

Do you think being woke is a bad thing?
I'd rather be awoke than the other thing