• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
All that stress and worry flapping about Brown and Nombe............ they were never going anywhere. The only one of the 'cash cows' I wouldn't have been surprised to see go was Josh Key purely on the back of him being absent over the weekend. I'm sad to see Stubbsy go but am realistic to understand why. We've picked up five good signings along the way whilst getting dosh in for two, what were effectively, squad players.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
And to think we could have ended up with David Artell who would have brought in loads of Crewe cast offs.

Up to Scottish Grecians

fred binneys head

Can we breath again yet?!!!
74AE3E8F-6D81-411B-9F40-64492DEEA517.gif

Bat Fastard

All that stress and worry flapping about Brown and Nombe............ they were never going anywhere. The only one of the 'cash cows' I wouldn't have been surprised to see go was Josh Key purely on the back of him being absent over the weekend. I'm sad to see Stubbsy go but am realistic to understand why. We've picked up five good signings along the way whilst getting dosh in for two, what were effectively, squad players.
hell of a window when you put it like that

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
My god that was a long day!
What a very different club we are these days. If we believe Agent Andy, I I think most of us do, then we have turned down good offers for 3 of our "star" players. Given what I would have thought most of us would consider to be their value, that must equate to at least £1.5-2M quid in total we've turned down to keep our team together. If there are people out there looking for answers to the question does the club have ambition? I think this must really answer that in the strongest terms.
I don't think I can remember a Transfer window this positive before, what a fantastic job Gary, Marcus, the board and everyone else involved has done. If we don't have a successful rest of the season now, it certainly won't be for the want of trying.
I'm struggling to take in the transformation our beloved club has gone through over the last few years, its bleddy wonderful!!!
UTC!
Wonder if
My god that was a long day!
What a very different club we are these days. If we believe Agent Andy, I I think most of us do, then we have turned down good offers for 3 of our "star" players. Given what I would have thought most of us would consider to be their value, that must equate to at least £1.5-2M quid in total we've turned down to keep our team together. If there are people out there looking for answers to the question does the club have ambition? I think this must really answer that in the strongest terms.
I don't think I can remember a Transfer window this positive before, what a fantastic job Gary, Marcus, the board and everyone else involved has done. If we don't have a successful rest of the season now, it certainly won't be for the want of trying.
I'm struggling to take in the transformation our beloved club has gone through over the last few years, its bleddy wonderful!!!
UTC!
Wonder if Derek Watt Adams is watching our ambition ? UTC

DJG.ECFC

Surprised we didnt loose anyone, Looking like we’ve got a very strong squad now, time to push on Saturday 😎

STURTZ

Norman Collier.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster

Cowshed Grecian

Credit where credit is due…Fair play to this club!! This would never happened back in the day…Keeping hold of our best players even if it is only until the end of the season, is some statement to me…Onwards and Upwards UTC

Cowshed Grecian

Coming out of a January transfer window stronger not weaker than when we started is something I’m really liking about our club.