• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Pompy will have to up there offer and not chuck in players we don’t want , can’t see it happening 🤞🤞🤞
Ronan Curtis and we might start talking 😉

Topsham Boy

Agent Andy

Can’t believe we managed to offload sicknote must have a good agent , sounds like we’re after Rico Hackett as part of an exchange deal for Brown plus cash , can’t see it myself .

JCWhoosh

GC has brought in a couple of very decent players in Aimson and Mcdonald. Proven calibre at league 1 which is what our squad is missing and should give the younger players experience of what it is like at this level. And they travelled all the way to little old Devon. Maybe that was an excuse that MT liked to believe 🤔

jimbo-gould

If his best form was 10 in 16 he wouldn't be coming here that's for sure!
Turned down offers for all three of our star players and I can’t see them going anywhere this window , GOOD offers as well ,City are holding their own so far , but the night is young . Two to come in from what I’ve heard , have to wait and see 👀👀
I’m assuming our three star players are Jev, Sam and Archie? What does that mean of Key?

red1

GC has brought in a couple of very decent players in Aimson and Mcdonald. Proven calibre at league 1 which is what our squad is missing and should give the younger players experience of what it is like at this level. And they travelled all the way to little old Devon. Maybe that was an excuse that MT liked to believe 🤔
Tisdale and Taylor were forever blaming geography for lack of signings. Seems it was lack of contacts. Well done GC !

Colesman Ballz

I’m assuming our three star players are Jev, Sam and Archie? What does that mean of Key?
Or Jev, Sam and Key, who are the ones who have been linked to moves.

crocks

Tisdale and Taylor were forever blaming geography for lack of signings. Seems it was lack of contacts. Well done GC !
But also helps that City are now holding their own in L1

Memphis09

Not sure of the logic here. The bid for the Championship under Tisdale was a disastrous financial risk. We did not have the necessary resources, it relied on hopeful wild forecasts of projected income, which didn't materialise. Nowhere do Geoff or Myself envisage taking a wild punt threatening the Club's stability or business model. We are already in a position which possibly could turn into a playoff bid without the need for any further capital investment to achieve this. The Club is stable and solvent, it would seem that we are exceeding projected financial performance this season. Of course there is a price for all of our players, and if met or exceeded we have the option to sell. But it is merely an option unless dictated by a "release clause". In Brown's case he will be worth nothing to us in the Summer, so you balance the offer against his value to the team for the remainder of the season, availability of a replacement etc. Yes at 500k he would no doubt be sold, but 50k potentially not. For Key it is a different scenario, in the summer his value would be up to a tribunal. Going back a decade Dunne & Archibald-Henville went for around 200k between them upfront, plus add ons, so for arguments sake let's take £150k as a starting point. So the equation there is the difference between the offer and £150k. It is not about spending extra money, but balancing a reduction in transfer income against the benefits of retaining them in the team for the time being.
Remember that Key has played a lot for us so hopefully that works in our favour the same with Collins

jimbo-gould

Or Jev, Sam and Key, who are the ones who have been linked to moves.
I heard Collins was off to Sunderland at the start of the window. Same person told me about Stansfield long before it happened so there’s been talk for ages, albeit not publicly.

Also, Key has been nowhere near our top three player this year.