• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think it says Ichinose which maybe translates to Itchy nose? Iminent signing that can't be stated yet?
itchy chin, more like.

burtiew

I think it says Ichinose which maybe translates to Itchy nose? Iminent signing that can't be stated yet?
Daiju Ichinose? 20 year old Japanese player without a club at the moment?

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sorry but anybody could do that today!

We're going to be signing at least one person, I think probably three so I could post 👀 🖊 like that and be right. Names is what we need and confirmation in the next 6 and 3/4 hours

Now showing as 7 hours since our superb SM team last posted on twatter - lots of work being done, interviews show reels.
Or our SM team have been locked out, network gone down and phones lost !

Colesman Ballz

Reminds me of KMT in post match interviews, he was forever playing with the end of his nose ! :)

older-codger

This doesn't look like a Contract to me! Are Contracts really written in freehand these days? And where is the space for the witnesses and other contracting party?

Grecian Max

Why would the second not necessarily follow max? Because the player might get the hump and stop performing? That wouldn't say a lot about his professionalism would it. If he continued playing and scoring it would only strengthen his reputation along with leaving for free. We can't stand in a player's way? That's definitely not cast in stone. It may be an ethos we aspire to when it comes to very talented young academy players as that is a definite attraction for youngsters to come to us, but this ain't that case.
This scenario is more likely, not less with senior pros - especially ones that have travelled 5hrs from their previous place of work.

Grecian Max

Too damned right Geoff. It may be a slim chance but we would be crazy not to take this opportunity. We have got to where we are with a team based around our academy products, augmented with a few well chosen additions. Sell our souls now, and it may well take a number of years to regroup and put us back in a challenging position. This mighty feat has been achieved on a playing budget of just under £3M.
As a League 1 team we are receiving funding of £1.332M (677k from the EFL, and 645k from Premier Lge solidarity payments). Had we been in L2 the total would have been 902k.
The only slimmest of hopes that we have of keeping a reasonable number of the team together is to not only reach the playoffs, but to go and win them (knocking our Cornish neighbours out at the same time would be just the icing on the cake !) . Doing this would generate over £5M extra in payments alone . Championship teams have this season received (£2.084M from EFL, and £4.3M from the Prem Lge). And that's just the basics, ignoring TV fees etc. We wouldn't be looking at selling out the away end just five times a year either given the upgrade in opposition. OK it might be a very hard struggle to survive when taking on teams with £40M parachute payments, but who wouldn't want to experience that and try ? It is the stuff that dreams are made of and I want to experience that, not just until 11o'clock tonight but until the end of the season as well. Feck negativity ! UTC.
Don't disagree at all. But if the limited model and closed shop is what we are, then this is the reality for all of us. Not to chase those dreams. Tough one for Geoff who wouldn't sell our soul as this is the flipside of that.

From a footballing perspective, absolutely we should be trying to keep our best players for as long as we can.

TotnesGrecian

Sorry but anybody could do that today!

We're going to be signing at least one person, I think probably three so I could post 👀 🖊 like that and be right. Names is what we need and confirmation in the next 6 and 3/4 hours

Now showing as 7 hours since our superb SM team last posted on twatter - lots of work being done, interviews show reels.
As i said, has called previous signings correctly before time...

Grecian Max

Given the various reports, it's probably Scott.

Has anyone noticed that the GC signings are harder for the club to stop leaks? MT's ones, certainly early days were often out of the blue. The January ones seemed to be widely known by the time the announcement is made.

Not a complaint just and observation :)

Grecian2K

Interestingly in this particular window there has nary been a mention of the need for a marquee signing (even at our present unusually elevated position in the league's)

Just the occasional request for a statement of in-tent regarding the rest of the campaign.