• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

tom_ecfc

The icing on the cake for me now would be a striker with a bit of nous, someone who scores those 'simple' goals.
Haaland?

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
No, Nombe does a lot of everything. I mean a fox-in-the-box. Someone who can be chucked on with 20 minutes to go when we need a goal, gets one half-chance and sticks it away.
Why would someone who gets one half chance and sticks it away be on the bench?

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I dont recall a January transfer window so busy.

It's clear GC has wider contacts and is able to attract players easier than his 2 predecessors. Whether he can get a tune out of them only time will tell.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
........sorry!

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
No, Nombe does a lot of everything. I mean a fox-in-the-box. Someone who can be chucked on with 20 minutes to go when we need a goal, gets one half-chance and sticks it away.
I'd like to think that Sonny Cox could be that man.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Why would someone who gets one half chance and sticks it away be on the bench?
Exactly.

There is no striker available to us in a January transfer window (or any transfer window) that fits super robbie's criteria.

Super Sam, Jev and Stanno ain't a bad trio to have in the squad. We're doing just fine up front, IMO.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd like to think that Sonny Cox could be that man.
Which is probably why he's been recalled from loan. A fair point, I'd forgotten about Sonny.

red1

John Moushino said we had probably the best front 3 in the league !

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
John Moushino said we had probably the best front 3 in the league !
He also said he was the special one but ended up managing Portsmouth......

robchave

Exactly.

There is no striker available to us in a January transfer window (or any transfer window) that fits super robbie's criteria.

Super Sam, Jev and Stanno ain't a bad trio to have in the squad. We're doing just fine up front, IMO.
What we do lack is the tall CF type, who can come on for knock-downs or nod-ons when we're chasing the game. The question is, where do we find someone who's good enough but happy to sit on the bench most of the time?