• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
I'm more worried about the status of Agent Andy and hoping that MT hasn't kidnapped him and taken him off to Rotherham!!

wiveygrecian

I'm more worried about the status of Agent Andy and hoping that MT hasn't kidnapped him and taken him off to Rotherham!!
Yep where is Agent Andy when you need him!

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yep where is Agent Andy when you need him!
I thought that we were told that he had moved to Colchester ? :)

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
We'd need to have a ridiculously poor second half of the season to be relegated. I feel sure that won't happen. I also think the play offs will be out of our reach with the current squad, add 2 more players though of the Joe White quality and who knows, that may well be enough to push us up there.

The likelihood is we'll finish somewhere around the position we're currently in, which for our first season back in L1 is a decent enough return.

Next season will be the real test of Caldwell, he'll have had a whole summer to shape the squad he wants, and that's what I'll be judging him on.

Grecian2K

We have already taken 4 pts off Bristol and Forest Green so which Rovers are you talking about, Accrington ? :cool:
If we manage to lose to another "Rovers" in the run in we'll really have gone to the dogs.

andrew p long

after the Preston furore (over a fan being threatened by the club for starting a transfer rumour) I'm wondering whether Agent Andy has found a horse's head in his bed and suspects Scott Palfrey.

Benjisheps14

We'd need to have a ridiculously poor second half of the season to be relegated. I feel sure that won't happen. I also think the play offs will be out of our reach with the current squad, add 2 more players though of the Joe White quality and who knows, that may well be enough to push us up there.

The likelihood is we'll finish somewhere around the position we're currently in, which for our first season back in L1 is a decent enough return.

Next season will be the real test of Caldwell, he'll have had a whole summer to shape the squad he wants, and that's what I'll be judging him on.
I wouldn't say that if we finish around where we are now it is a 'decent return', I would say that this would be an excellent achievement for our first season back in League One. Especially as we probably have one of the smallest squads not just in League One, but also League Two.

As you say this summer will be extremely challenging with who we have out of contract. It does give GC an opportunity to shape the squad to his liking. However; with the players we will most likely lose they will be extremely difficult to replace and players of similar ilk for the level will cost far more money in terms of wages.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster

I really hope you are right snoop but without strengthening squad depth / replace players lost we will struggle to cope with impending disciplinary bans plus injuries to our key players eg Sam Nombe.

We have had 2 consecutive transfer windows where the incumbent manager has struggled to attract the "right players" for whatever reason so don't know if Gary Caldwell will fare better in the summer plus we are likely to lose our experienced better players then.
Although we suspect £s availability at that lot 40 miles W maybe we need a mole / "friendly" agent to find out exactly how they attract players when we can not.

Struggling at the bottom this season or the dreaded R is likely to lead to much reduced attendances and 23/24 Season Ticket sales so, IMHO, we do need additions to stay where we are which, like you, I feel is a good season.

UTC

Benjisheps14

I really hope you are right snoop but without strengthening squad depth / replace players lost we will struggle to cope with impending disciplinary bans plus injuries to our key players eg Sam Nombe.

We have had 2 consecutive transfer windows where the incumbent manager has struggled to attract the "right players" for whatever reason so don't know if Gary Caldwell will fare better in the summer plus we are likely to lose our experienced better players then.
Although we suspect £s availability at that lot 40 miles W maybe we need a mole / "friendly" agent to find out exactly how they attract players when we can not.

Struggling at the bottom this season or the dreaded R is likely to lead to much reduced attendances and 23/24 Season Ticket sales so, IMHO, we do need additions to stay where we are which, like you, I feel is a good season.

UTC
The lost 40 miles west attract players as they are paying big money and wages at the moment and are backed by a multi millionaire owner. From what I have heard they have spent close around 1 million in transfer fees just this January alone. How the other half live!! Just shows what we are up against, and why it is so hard for us to attract players. GC and his contacts in the game will be hugely important moving forward.

Intheknow84

No update on Rakeem Harper! Still not played a minute